SVP / VP, Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Architecture - SRE, Technology and Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our customers and business partners and through our multiple digital banking channels. In our digital transformation journey ahead, we intend to build loosely coupled but tightly aligned components that are built expecting to be reused for repeatability and consistency while being able response to changes quickly. Our systems and applications must adopt common services, platforms, architectural principles, and design patterns. There is a need for an overarching strategy, architecture roadmap that enables our engineering teams to design and build new capabilities & features that are aligned to an end-state vision of how these systems and applications will operate within this architecture framework and being able to engineer them accordingly. The technology runway provides a set of framework and re-usable patterns to enable a consistent approach to security, maintainability and reliability. Responsibilities The Enterprise Architect is responsible for enabling the above aspiration and driving the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future enterprise business strategy. In this role, the Enterprise Architect is responsible manage all architecture aspects of a horizontal functional domain, including providing technical vision and strategy and execute to realize the architecture direction, participation in design, endorsement of solutions, review of projects, tracking of roadmaps and obsolescence management and govern the use of technology standards within the bank. In this role, the digital enterprise architect act as a change agent who works closely with Line-Of-Business Technology (LOBT) teams including LOBT Heads, business, business analysts, application team, infrastructure specialists, platform architects and other architects. He will also advocate innovation through the exploitation of emerging technologies to drive market differentiation by forging partners, exploration and POC of new technologies.
- Work with LOB to understand the business imperatives, business functions, application and technology landscape and their capabilities. Map out the architecture roadmap, technology capabilities and implementation plan.
- Provide technical vision, strategy, and execute the long-term architectural direction, with emphasis on platforms / product reusable components. Perform analysis and make recommendations to senior leadership regarding product architecture and standards for adoption.
- Develop a deep knowledge of our business & collaborate with stakeholders in collating business and functional requirements and translate requirements into technical specifications and architectures that are robust, scalable and supportable.
- Responsible for end-to-end architecture including the detail designs of various systems and applications in line with Singapore & regional strategy. Lead the preparation of detailed design specifications to form the basis for development & modification of applications. Define integration patterns.
- Mapping interdependencies of business requirements to solution building blocks using architectural best practices and leaving behind standards and robust processes. Comprehend and map interdependencies between application dependencies and infrastructure components. Think laterally across multiple technology types and define patterns of usage.
- Create a roadmap to modern application as such modular and loosely coupled design deployable on a cloud native architecture. Collaborate with application teams across the bank to support their efforts to modernize their architecture.
- Develop and document application of design principles, service catalogues, patterns that can be adopted as the enterprise and solution architecture standards. Drive design consistency across the bank and reduce repeated and duplication of work. Communicate and enforces Enterprise Architecture models across the bank. Ensure proper documentation of standard processes and best practices in place. Promote standards, re-usable patterns, codes, API. Drive architecture and design consistency across the bank.
- Identify and evaluate alternative design options and trade-offs to handle both functional and non-functional requirements. Recommend designs that consider current applications & architecture, operating models as well as end target state architecture. Develop and document architecture specifications that serve as the reference for engineering and execution.
- Ensure adoption and implementation of defined solutions. Provide technical expertise to enable the systems architecture design & iteration. Collaborates with different engineering teams to develop and agree on system integration standards.
- Lead governance forums required to create harmony in the architecture guild. Ensure that extensions including defined architecture standards or patterns are reviewed frequently in line with every evolving business and technology landscape but go through rigorous vetting processes.
- Ensure that the collaborative nature of capabilities such as design and engineering is coupled with tight governance around non-negotiables like security, availability and performance.
- Further the culture of product innovation and excellence, characterized as highly collaborative, execution-focused, customer-centric and purpose driven outcomes.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- At least 10 years of experience in related fields including at least 5 years as Enterprise Architecture. Experience in banking industry would be a distinctive advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business strategy & processes & its successful translation into technology solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of technical architecture and modern application design patterns, including microservices, serverless functions.
- Good End-to-End Architecture understanding, including Enterprise Java Stack, Front-End technologies, mobile applications (Android and iOS), Middleware, Databases (SQL & No SQL), Data Lake, RESTful APIs, and streaming technology e.g. Kafka.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Integration and Messaging Patterns, SOA Governance practices.
- Experienced working in a cloud native work environment including public cloud, containers, serverless, cloud data, credential and security management such as keys, secrets, vaults, service monitoring on cloud, PaaS and container environment such as Cloud Foundry, OpenShift Docker, Kubernetes and Infra-as-code etc.
- Basic proficiency in at least one major programming languages, Java, C#, Golang, Ansible, Python.
- Good knowledge of web development standards, database technologies such as spring boot, nodes.js, MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop ecosystem.
- Good understanding of DevOps, SRE, and Agile methodology and tools such as maven, jcube, Nexus, cucumber.
- Familiar with one or more Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF etc.)
- A super collaboration who can work in guilds and tribes. Collaboration and teamwork are critical to for the success of this role.
- Strong communication skills & ability to engagement management on sharing of strategic plans, execution update, leading project and providing status updates etc.
- Excellent problem analysis skills. Self-drive to discover, define, develop and deliver solutions that are data driven.
- Bridge the gap between stakeholders in DBS Lines of Businesses, from C-level to Application Developers level. Communicate technical concepts in clear and established terms using appropriate channels, off-line and on-line collaboration methodologies.
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on with strong attention to framework and detail.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple concurrent initiatives.