SVP / VP, Platform Architect (GAPI), Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Leads team of solution architects and domain experts and enables them to provide fit for purpose solutions.
- Transform requirements into architecture and blueprint for the solution being created. Conversion that is based on several factors: previous, successful design patterns, reference architectures and enterprise architecture guidance.
- Understands business functions, construct a solution architecture around Microservices and APIs, and be able to decompose monolith applications into meaningful implementable Microservices and APIs in a Cloud/DevOps environment.
- Provide technology perspective to business to help guide roadmap and prioritization by keeping abreast with industry trends. Where required, help business size the complexity of problem and help simplify and define MVP.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team, during the SDLC. Get development team's buy-in into accepting the design to be implemented.
- Ensure that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles. Act as the bridge between Enterprise / Application Architecture and Delivery.
- Be a consumer and contributor to enterprise architecture collateral. The patterns and guidance developed should be reusable in a broader enterprise architecture context.
Document and manage how multiple applications are poised to work together. Involves defining the interaction between application packages, databases, and middleware systems in terms of functional coverage.
- Should be able to generate migration plans for systems which are at the end of the software life cycle or which have inherent technological risks.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Act as visionary and strategist for solution/application area
- Survey market landscape for solution/application insights, direction, vendors, and methods
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design artifacts
- Make presentations at internal conferences and authorship internal in publications
- Create a platform roadmap to cloud native architecture
- Ensure adoption and implementation of roadmap through team work
- Help business development life cycle by serving as a solution SME to help identify and qualify business development opportunities
- Provide end to end solution and design details
- Drive POCs to assess new solution/application paths
- Lead / participate in product selection process and fit gap analysis
Methodology and Quality Assurance
- Lead development of formalized solution methodologies
- Chair and run forums required to create harmony of architecture across domains
- Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources.
- Provide quality assurance for services within the solution/application area
- Write, or direct the writing of white papers that add further insight and thought in the solution/application area
Work Force Management, Supervision and Mentoring
- Manages a team of direct reports (if applicable) who drive service lines in the solution/application area
- Assists staffing coordinators who define project team requirements for projects in solution/application area
- Work with Delivery to define overall recruiting needs and expertise in solution/application area
- Work with Delivery to establish professional development needs for practitioners in solution/application area
- Mentor and guide more junior technical resources
- Feed the overall project status to the senior management.
Guiding Applications Operations
- Responsible for the change in delivery and deployment strategy for all applications to a total replacement for applications at the end of their technology or functionality lifecycle.
- Maintain and monitor all aspects of the application:
- Interoperability capability
- Performance and scalability
- Reliability and availability
- Application lifecycle stage
- Technological risks
- Number of instances / country
- Functionality and Capability
- Understand the system process flow of the primary business processes. It gives a clear picture of the functionality map and the applications footprint of various applications across the map.
- Experience in Microservice Architecture and Cloud native architecture.
- Deep End-to-End Enterprise Architecture understanding, including Enterprise Java Stack (JEE), Rich UI and Front-End technologies, mobile applications (Android and iOS), Middleware technologies (Tibco, Solace etc), Mainframe technologies, Databases (SQL & No SQL), Data Warehouses, and Core Banking solutions.
- Experienced in streaming technology or framework such as Kafka and able to select suitable technology for given situation, code quality Api/tool, logging/tracing, circuit breakers.
- Experienced working in a cloud native work environment, spring cloud data, Spring Security, oAuth, service monitoring on cloud, PaaS environment such as Pivotal.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Integration and Messaging Patterns, SOA Governance practices
- Strong communication skills including engaging senior management on strategic plans, leading project steering committees and status updates etc
- Experienced in Agile methodology.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple concurrent initiatives
- Excellent organizational, vendor management, negotiation, and prioritization skills
- Excellent team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and able to work under pressure, strong problem-solving skills and positive "can do" attitude
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.