Scrum Master, Asia Pacific Technology
The Bank of New York Mellon is a provider of investment services and investment management and we are a world-renowned leader in each. When combined, the power of our extensive capabilities can help drive your success in markets around the world. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets.
BNY Mellon Technology's mission is to provide our business partners with technology-based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
The Scrum Master will work as part of the Application Development team within the Asia Pacific Technology Group. The role is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined within BNY Mellon, helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values.
Within the role the candidate will manage the scrum process to enable the team to perform at their highest level and help remove or escalate blockers or impediments faced by the teams. Leading and providing guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to business specifications.
The Scrum Master will help to empower the Application Development team Scrum Team and action the vision of continuous improvement. Working with the Product Owner and Development Managers to plan, coordinate and manage the successful delivery of projects to the business. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team.
As part of this role, the Scrum Master will be responsible for ensuring the product development teams are successful in working together in Agile, including facilitating daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings where required. Providing support to the team and leading by example, including facilitating discussion and decision making, and quickly resolving any conflicts to get the work delivered efficiently and effectively.
The Scrum Master will assist those outside the Scrum Team to understand which of interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren't, helping everyone to change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
The role will be responsible for:
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices.
- Facilitate scrum rituals and assist with user story mapping.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and mentor them to gain higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable.
- Coach the teams on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to help the scrum team to achieve higher levels of scrum maturity.
- Ensure that the Scrum Teams are working effectively towards efficiencies and productivity to execute on business objectives being delivered with high quality standards.
- Track that the most valuable metrics are captured, accurate, and visible at all times plus metric trends are gathered over time and the meaning behind those metrics.
- Ownership and accountability of establishing agile values, methods, principles and practices for the delivery of projects and products.
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
- Tight grip on Agile Estimating and planning & Forecasting.
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
Bachelor'sdegree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experiencerequired, advanced degree preferred.
8+years of experience as Scrum Master, Project and program management.
Experiencewith successful Agile techniques.
Knowledgeon the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
Abilityto forecast numbers of sprint deliverables based on evidence and reliablesource.
Handson experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies including knowledge intechniques to fill in gaps in the scrum.
Experiencein product planning in an empirical environment.
Excellentcommunication and mentoring skills.
- Experiencein the financial services/ Asset Servicing /Fund Accounting is an advantage.
Information Technology Internal Jobcode:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: