Senior Cyber Security Incident Response / Attack Analysis Shift Lead
Working in cybersecurity takes passion for technology, speed, a desire to learn, and vigilance in order to keep every asset safe. You'll be on the front lines of innovation, working with a highly motivated team focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. Your research and work will ensure stability, capacity and resiliency of our products. Working with your internal team, as well as technologists and innovators across our global network, your ability to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis and positive actions will stop crimes and strengthen our data.
As a member of the Attack Analysis team, you will fit into a Global team providing 24/7 monitoring and Incident Response, acting as the frontline defense for attacks against the firms' infrastructure. As a shift lead, you will serve as the direct manager of a team of 4-6 shift analysts. You'll help guide them through their alert triage and case analysis function as well as provide feedback on a continuous basis. You'll also work with them on coaching and career development to help them towards their own goals. In addition, you'll be responsible for keeping track of alert and case metrics to ensure the team is meeting overall alert and case goals as well as identifying opportunities to improve and tune alerts. In an incident response scenario, the shift lead is responsible for assigning, coordinating and documenting the outcome of specific analysis workstreams and preparing communications to senior management.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, both technical and non-technical:
- Experience with Cybersecurity Incident Response processes in an enterprise environment.
- Good level of knowledge in network fundamentals, for example; OSI Stack, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP
- Good level of understanding in the approach threat actors take to attacking a network; phishing, port scanning, web application attacks, DDoS, lateral movement
- Experience or demonstrable knowledge in log and PCAP analysis
- Knowledge in Windows and/or Linux operating systems, how to investigate them for signs of compromise
- Foundational understanding of file analysis; extracting indicators, providing a report, implementing mitigations
- Basic understanding for Cloud architecture and how an attacker can utilize these platforms
- Ability to demonstrate the right approach to investigating alerts and/or indicators and document your findings in a manner that both peer and executive level colleagues can understand
- Appreciation of the wider roles of interconnecting Cyber Security teams and collaboration with each of those (i.e. Forensics / Threat Intelligence / Penetration Testing / Vulnerability Management / "Purple Teaming" etc)
Management, Communication and Process Skills:
- Experience with communicating technical topics both in writing and verbally to senior management from a technical or non-technical background.
- Experience with delivering constructive feedback to a team on a continuous basis.
- Knowledge of metrics and data analysis for the purpose of identifying process improvements.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.