Senior Manager, Operational Risk - nexus
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
At SC Ventures, this role sits directly with one of the Ventures which is building the banking-as-a-service (BaaS) platform. Project nexus aims to create a full retail banking capability within the "partners" ecosystem focusing on a seamless experience for the client with access to the full retail banking capability on a single instance.
This is a rare opportunity to join an organization working with smart technologists globally. The culture in the team is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and career advancement awaits those high-energized talents willing and able to step up. The Role Responsibilities
Assists with designing and implementing an operational risk framework tailored to a digital bank.
Be the reference for facilitating and promoting the understanding of Operational risk requirements.
Leads and supports the implementation of all program management activities in Operational Risk
Helps design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and risk management.
Ensures risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of risk processes.
Leads and drives standardisation and automation through re-engineering and process improvement.
Implements the bank's governance standards applicable for risk management-prepares documents relating to controls and standards per group standards
Supports the Operational Risk Lead, nexus and Collaborates across all stakeholders in the project and takes personal accountability to deliver against plan Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Drives Operational risk identification and implementation of controls across all operational risk sub types- working with various stakeholders to ensure a robust and well-controlled nexus risk ecosystem. Develops and updates Operational Risk Register.
a. Process Map Definition: drafts/contributes to the design of process maps in consultation with Process Owner(s),
b. Potential Failure Identification: performs threat, risk, cause, potential failure identification in relation to operational risks emanating from a fully digital, technology centric operation
c. Gross Risk Assessment (GRA): performs gross risk assessment generating gross risk ratings
d. Control Design Assessment (CDA): devises and implements effective preventive measures by designing controls and metrics producing risk register, process universe with controls mapped,
e. Control Implementation: implements controls working with functional teams and development squads and embeds them as a part of the platform design,
f. Control Testing: performs and captures results of control testing where necessary
g. Residual Risk Assessment: performs residual risk assessment; ensures identified control deficiencies are mitigated with preventive measures
h. Risk Acceptance: drafts risk acceptance committee or working forum papers based on Group Control Assessment Standards
i. Program Management- Assists in managing the requirements in confluence/JIRA
j. Collaborate with Product Owners and Scrum teams to develop operational risk controls
2. Cooperates with legal, compliance, Risk Owners and stakeholders in Risk to ensure compliance with Standard Chartered policies and regulatory requirements.
3. Investigates complaints and operational / risk incidents and coordinates with relevant parties to perform root cause analysis and risk assessments.
4. Implements system to Records and maintains risks / incidents
5. Ensure risks, issues and control enhancements are identified, assessed and resolved in a timely manner.
6. Implement control processes, perform key control testing based on key control and risk indicators to ensure compliance with the control statements outlined across Group Policies and Standards as well as facilitate monitoring/collection of any key control or risk indicators.
7. Records the result of control testing, report exceptions, performs residual risk assessments and ensure identified control deficiencies are mitigated with preventive measures.
8. Examines Group Policies and Standards and performs gap analysis against Nexus' current and planned builds to determine applicability of control statements in a Control Substantiation Matrix
9. Engages in and performs vendor onboarding activities to support the selection of a purpose-built Enterprise Risk Management system Knowledge and Skills
• Strong communication skills -oral and written; and high detail-orientation
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Strong documentation skills
• Good understanding of Technology, system design and development concepts
• Ability to explain theoretical concepts to team members with varying backgrounds.
• Good knowledge of retail banking products and processes with a particular focus on digital products, functions, features and processes.
• Good understanding of industry trends and developments including impact on the business.
• Appetite for continuously improving and streamlining processes and the way we work.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Self Motivated and fast learner.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.