• Establishes networking environment, designing and deploying network solutions using a variety of technologies including CISCO & Huawei. Performing system configuration; system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
• Perform project and operational requirements as required to support enterprise and cloud networks including NFVi mobile platform.
• Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
• Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
• Maximizes network performance & availability; troubleshooting network problems, outages & scheduling upgrades.
• Secures network system by establishing and enforcing security policies; defining and monitoring access.
• Working with other networking teams in the business (service provider operations and engineering, WiFi, voice, transmission) to bring the best of each discipline to the business.
• Assist the manager in preparing and updating IMDA code of practice and policies.
• Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
You are a proven high performer who has the ability to work with multiple teams to deliver outcomes in a fast paced, always changing environment. You love variety in your work, competing timelines and most of all delivering innovative, practical and cost-effective results.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• At least 5 years’ experience in a networking environment with 2 years’ experience in a design role is required; Experience in Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning.
• Experience with NFVi, Cloud networks for design, build and support is highly desirable
• Experience in enterprise network design and operation is essential, service provider advantageous.
• Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
• Deep understanding of infrastructure and protocols: IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Ethernet, QOS, EIGRP, LACP, STP, BFD.
• Experience with Huawei and CISCO datacentre networking infrastructure is essential, including knowledge of architectures and technologies such as VDCs, VPCs, server virtualisation (ESX or HyperV), SAN.
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) (Routing & Switching or Datacentre) or other certification will be highly regarded.
• Exposure to security technologies Huawei, FortiGate, IPSec, 802.1x, Cisco Identity Services Engine and load balancing technologies from A10 and F5.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to liaise with staff, customers and vendors.