Senior Product Director
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces in eight markets across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Carousell is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, Sequoia Capital, and Naspers. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. Carousell has offices in nine countries, across Southeast Asia, India, Taiwan and Hong Kong. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Leader to join our Tech leadership team and take ownership of a number of important product areas of Carousell's marketplace: Buyer Experience (including search and recommendations), User Acquisition and Retention (across buyers and sellers), Trust and Safety, and Community and Social. You will also be responsible for Verticals products, which include our Autos, Properties and Services marketplaces. You will:
You will have demonstrated:
- Attract, develop and retain the best product managers, who enjoy working in innovation, user-focused solutions, and thrive in a fast paced, fun environment
- Inspire the team to dream big and innovate to delight users
- Lead product strategy and collaborate on business strategy with stakeholders
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback and metrics
- Set clear measurable goals for your product managers and the tech teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts they work with
- Use data, market and user research, and rapid prototyping to identifying user problems and breakthrough opportunities
- Work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders to quickly build products and services that create significant value for users and revenue for the company
- Champion product management functional excellence
Good To Have
- User obsession and empathy.
- Drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles achieving challenging goals.
- Focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done.
- Exceptional product and business judgement. Willingness and ability to take smart risks and fail forward.
- Strategic awareness, financial fluency and a strong understanding of a profit and loss account.
- Track record of successfully solving complex and ambiguous problems.
- High integrity and ability to positively collaborate with others
- Ability to think, speak and write succinctly and clearly.
- Analytical skills to understand & generate insights from user data. Fluency querying and working with data.
- 10+ years of industry experience, including 7+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a customer/user facing organization
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic record, in Computer Science or a related field such as Math, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration. Masters preferred.
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams