Senior VP, Change Management GTO COO Office
Posting Date: 23-Jun-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
GTO COO - Special Initiatives unit works closely with the respective stakeholders across the organisation, leading the GTO Team and the relevant business stakeholders to drive organisational change critical to the successful delivery of the Bank's transformation strategy.
Reporting to Executive Director, GTO COO - Special Initiatives, the candidate will be responsible for the management and delivery of a GTO-enterprise wide change management plan (including communications plan and strategy) for key GTO strategic transformation priorities and drive adoption of such changes across GTO. The candidate will also be required to work with the Group Heads of GTO for communication messaging and ensuring alignment back to the GTO communications plan and strategy. Job Responsibilities
Change Management (40%)
- Oversee and drive change management of major GTO strategic programs with the aim of increasing stakeholder buy-in and adoption to key strategic changes;
- Work closely with Technology and business stakeholders in understanding the drivers behind the change and assessing the impact of the change to business/ clients/ internal stakeholders/ staff;
- Manage and oversee an enterprise wide GTO communications and awareness plan with the aim of improving communications between GTO and its stakeholders. This includes communications and management of change for GTO Led initiatives across overseas subsidiaries and branches;
- Manage the delivery of change communications via the respective channels to the target audience and ensuring key messages delivered aligns back with the GTO transformation strategy;
- Ensure external perspective in change management and business design is considered and, where appropriate, adopted
Program Leadership (30%)
- Overall Lead for delivery of the GTO-led Change Management transformation program, including maintaining oversight of all change management work-streams and maintain direction and appropriate pace;
- Lead the GTO teams to develop, execute and embed a change management and execution plan for GTO to deliver to the objectives of the transformational program;
- Enable and facilitate the detailed design of change initiatives in line with organisational design principles;
Stakeholder Management (30%)
- Works closely with the GTO Management team in the delivery of key strategic change management communications within the Bank and with the senior leadership team;
- Build relationship and networks with senior stakeholders across the GTO organisation in understanding and appreciating the organisation design which is crucial in leading to the successful delivery and adoption of the change;
- Partner with key teams across the organisation (eg. Group Strategic Communications, Group Strategy, Group Human Resources, Countries, etc ) to identify key transformation levers and alignment of communication and change management delivery approaches;
- Ensure engagement with senior leads is maintained for the duration of the program and deals professionally and diplomatically with any change management issues, concerns and sensitivities;
- Proactively seek opportunities for establishing, building and maintaining successful relationships with partners, stakeholders and agencies, positioning GTO as the choice provider for the Bank for delivery of technology and operations services.
• Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Banking or IT related field.
• At least 15 years work experience delivery large and complex organisations preferably in the area of Banking and Finance with specialisation in the area of in Change management delivery for enterprise change and transformation type programs
• A good delivery track record of large scale, enterprise wide Strategic/ Transformation Change programs/ initiatives
• Candidate should possess excellent communications (written and oral), interpersonal skills and has experience in planning and execution of the following areas:
• Strategic Communications
• Stakeholder engagement
• Organisational Design
• Change Management metrics/ measures of success
• Those with experience working with C-Suite and Senior Leadership Management team in the management and delivery of communications and change management strategy will be preferred
• Detailed understanding of the banking sector and products, wider government priorities/ legislation in the region and the changing social and economic context of the financial industry Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.