Senior VP, Development Lead, Platform Tribe, Real-Time Data Services, Group Technology
Posting Date: 05-Oct-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Be responsible for end-to-end software development engineering. This includes pre-project initiation, functional specifications to development, implementation, testing and support.
- Understand and contribute to the technical solution from design through to code level.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide consultation on solution and technology.
- Lead a team of developers to implement solution that meet business requirements and are in alignment with organization's business objectives.
- Oversee portfolio of projects and change requests.
- Manage development issues and escalations
- Work on short terms strategies, organizes and plans to achieve balanced outcomes through sound judgement and analysis of situations
- Focus on collective/ team work by utilizing diverse talents and personalities in a constructive manner
- Manage day-to-day risk and deliver quality work in an effective / optimal manner
- Work with vendor to ensure product deliveries are timely and good quality.
- Manage budget coming from different projects.
- Be a hands-on manager to guide team on functional and technical issues
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 12 years of experience in application development and maintenance with full software development life cycle experience
- Strong delivery and hands-on experience with building solutions using Apache Kafka, Nifi, Spark, Flink and associated technologies
- Strong delivery and project management experience in implementing regulatory reporting system in order to comply with regulators in Asia region.
- Knowledge of Business Products
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fast learner, enjoy analytical work with attention to details and proactive in providing solutions
- Able to identify the team and individual's strengths and development areas and steer / enable their growth and development in the right direction
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.