You will be part of the strategic project team to lay the future IT foundation of NTUC Income. Work hand-in-hand with the IT Product Owner to lead and manage initiatives for Digital Innovation, New Business Models, enhancing efficiency of business processes and operations for Life, Health or General insurance. You will be exposed to leverage your experience and skillset to create new opportunities to innovate & automate our business lead to both new revenues & cost efficiency. This is one of the key pillars to drive the company towards a digitization.
- Collaborate with Business Analyst and other Solution Architects to propose end-to-end solution to archive business outcomes
- Break down end-to-end solution into application architecture. Present and obtain approval from Architecture Working Group
- Break down end-to-end solution into technical components for development teams to build and deliver
- Conduct source code review, VA/PT findings and remediation review, SIT test plan and results review
- Act as visionary and strategist for solution/application area of Digital Insurance
- Survey market landscape for solution/application insights, market condition, trends, products, services, competitors and emerging technologies
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design artifacts
- Speak at internal conferences and authorship internal in publications
- Blend and coordinate digital web and mobile expertise throughout the organization
- Help business development life cycle by serving as a solution SME to help identify and qualify business development opportunities
- Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources. Collaborates with PMs and Scrum Masters and Technical staff to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution/application plan, and serve as a lead as required, to implement the installation, customization, and integration efforts
- Engage in project communications with stakeholders using a collaborative approach. Anticipate obstacles and recommend solution options as they relate to the solution. Focus on quality while balancing Income objectives, feasibility and scalability of solution
- Work with IT Product Owners and Delivery Managers to define overall recruiting needs and expertise in solution/application area
- Responsible for the change in delivery and deployment strategy for all applications to a total replacement for applications at the end of their technology or functionality lifecycle.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- Degree holder in Information Technology, or equivalent.
PROFESSIONAL / TRADE QUALIFICATION
- Certified Project Management Professional or Certified ScrumMaster is preferable
- At least 10 years of application development and management experience, preferably in financial services industry and insurance in particular
- Strong solution design using proven patterns and performance tuning.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile application development life cycle models (both Waterfall and Agile) as well as expert knowledge of in project management principles and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong advocate of standards and challenge status quo with new and emerging technology to address new business challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level