Specialist Solutions Architect - Security
Do you have the passion for helping customers and partners design and create robust security architectures to address their enterprise risk management requirements using cloud computing? Do you enjoy helping customers become more secure across their workloads and assisting them meet compliance accreditation? Would you like to do this using the world's most advanced cloud computing technologies? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? The AWS Solutions Architecture team is hiring!
Come join the team as a Solutions Architect - Security, within Amazon Web Services (AWS) ASEAN team based in Singapore. In this role, you will deliver architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects and conduct customer workshops. You will also drive collaboration with customers and partners to address security as well as compliance challenges.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform. The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
The ideal candidate will look like this…
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud. You regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises along with technical deep dive drive technical discussions to create world class systems for AWS.
Candidates should have experience in most of the following areas:
• Security and Compliance experience - must have strong experience and understanding of customer security/compliance requirements,
• Speaking and presentation skills - Presentations, white boarding, large and small group speaking.
• Technical - Web services development/deployment experience, and IT systems and network engineering experience.
• Operations and Security - Website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security and compliance experience.
• Economic and business - RFP/Acquisition support; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, etc.
• Experience in engaging enterprise class environment and complex architecture designs. Basic Qualifications
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 15+ years of current solutions architecture (implementation/consulting) experience.
• Deep knowledge of Infrastructure Security, Security Compliance and Operations is a must.
• Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS specific experience a bonus.
• Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries is highly desired.
• Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Preferred Qualifications
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired.
• Working knowledge of software development practices and Internet-related technologies highly desired.
• Industry Security certifications highly desired.