Svc Info Developer II
Applies specialized knowledge to conceptualize, design, develop, unit-test, configure, and implement portions of new or enhanced (upgrades or conversions) business and technical software solutions through application of appropriate standard software development life cycle methodologies and processes. Interacts with the Client and project roles (e.g., Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Engineer) as required, to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction. Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned components. Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and or technical problems. Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project parameters. Prepares system documentation. Conforms to security and quality standards. Stays current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Participates as a member of development team.
- Completes development of units with designs prepared by more senior developers.
- Participates in code reviews. Prepares and executes unit tests.
- Applies growing technical knowledge to maintain a technology area (e.g. Web- site Development).
- May perform unit design.
- Applies company and 3rd party technologies to software solutions of moderate complexity.
- Configures end-user or enterprise systems designed by more senior technologists.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or a Master's degree and up to two years of experience.
- 2 or more years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net.
- Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Basic understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Experience using (or an understanding of the use of) an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Understanding of basic Database Administration.
- Understanding of quality and security standards. Good verbal and written communication skills.