Tech Lead, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Able to work closely with the applications teams and other architects to drive high quality application development, raising the bar of engineering practises and value adding to the technical delivery
- Directing the architecture and development teams using a hands on approach
- Establishing and owning engineering practise by improving current practises and coming up new practises were ever required
- Create strategy, guidelines to improve software development, delivery with world-class quality outcomes
- Define and own software standards, patterns, methodologies and practices including software quality, execution of agile software delivery
- Able to project manage and allocated development capacity to completing scheduled task
- Ensure agreed architecture is implemented by development team using agreed on patterns with engineering teams and architects
- Perform POC's and come up with patterns and frameworks
- Be part of team of architects and domain experts to provide fit for purpose solutions.
- Transform requirements into architecture and blueprint for the solution being created. Conversion that is based on several factors: previous, successful design patterns, reference architectures and enterprise architecture guidance.
- Understands business functions, construct a solution architecture around Microservices and APIs, and be able to decompose monolith applications into meaningful implementable Microservices and APIs in a Cloud/DevOps environment.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team, during the SDLC. Get development team's buy-in into accepting the design to be implemented.
- Ensure that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles. Act as the bridge between Enterprise / Application Architecture and Delivery.
- Experience and understanding of Engineering practises
- Experience in design Cloud native, Event based and Microservice Architecture.
- Deep End-to-End Enterprise Architecture understanding, including Enterprise Java Stack (JEE), Rich UI and Front-End technologies, Middleware technologies (Tibco, Solace etc), Mainframe technologies, Databases (SQL & No SQL), Data Warehouses, and Core Banking solutions.
- Experienced in streaming technology or framework such as Kafka and able to select suitable technology for given situation, code quality Api/tool, logging/tracing, circuit breakers.
- Experienced working in a cloud native work environment, spring cloud data, Spring Security, oAuth, service monitoring on cloud, PaaS environment such as Pivotal, Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Integration and Messaging Patterns, SOA Governance practices
- Strong communication skills including engaging senior management on strategic plans, leading project steering committees and status updates etc
- Experienced in Agile methodology.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple concurrent initiatives
- Excellent organizational, vendor management, negotiation, and prioritization skills
- Excellent team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and able to work under pressure, strong problem-solving skills and positive "can do" attitude
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.