Technology Project Intermediate Analyst - Project Management Office
- Coordinates activities across several work streams within the program / project, identifying necessary resources and developing schedules to meet completion deadlines.
- Utilizes project management tools and manages/provides project status tracking, metrics and project estimates. Manage and report project metrics as required - e.g. Gantt / burn charts and associated KPIs.
- Prepare quality project related presentations and reports on key operational/program metrics for senior management, ensuring effective and comprehensive communication of issues, risks and progress to multiple stakeholders
- Maintain existing departmental and Project Office policies and procedures. Enforce a culture of SDLC best practices across the technology group and adherence to corporate standards, policies and processes. Contributes to process improvement efforts.
- Collaborates in development of project business and system requirements / solutions. Evaluates business processes, system processes and industry standards as required to support the program / project.
- Utilizes good understanding of IT project leadership procedures and concepts and basic knowledge of other technical areas.
- Applies good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing objectives.
- Makes evaluative judgments based on analysis of factual information; resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and guided by precedents.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Candidate Profile / Qualifications
- 4-5 years of experience working in strategic/transformation programs / projects
- Demonstrable experience with SDLC processes - Agile/Waterfall methodology and building program / project plans
- Excellent EXCEL and PowerPoint skills to prepare effective reporting and documentation including dashboards and scorecards for senior management
- Proficient in using PPM tools and collaboration tools such as Confluence; experience in managing projects, tasks, workflow and reporting in Jira is desirable
- Strong attention to detail in supporting management reporting with clear and concise data analysis and presentations
- Outstanding presentation, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate business/technical concepts in a concise and logical manner; articulates with confidence to senior management
- Ability to work as a partner with strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to connect and build solid relationships across teams, with partners.
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure; comfortable with ambiguity
- Highly motivated and self-directed; exhibits thought leadership and strong critical thinking skills. Self-initiate, work productively when unsupervised and multitask across multiple concurrent projects
- Work productively when unsupervised and multitask across multiple concurrent projects
- Outstanding presentation, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate business/technical concepts effectively and prepare quality project related presentations and reports for senior management
- Has the confidence and ability to convincingly structure, summaries, defend and present recommendation
- Understanding of technologies such as Java/J2EE, Micro services and Dev ops
- Familiarity with UI/UX, Kafka/JMS or derived JMS technologies, Data Management and RDBMS (SQL, Sybase or Oracle)
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- PMP or similar project management certification preferred
Project and Program Management Job Family:
Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting