Test Environment Engineer (1-year contract)
The EM Engineer is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of environment provisioning, monitoring and end of day jobs for Test Environments, including infra and batch support. He/she is expected to deliver high-quality results in a timely manner by managing environment booking, availability of the systems, assisting with application setup as needed, driving execution of manual and automated end of day jobs and providing technical mentorship to team members.
The role exercises independent judgment to clarify tasks, meet project milestones, deliverables, and provides technical leadership to the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for test server allocation & monitor the availability of the environment according to plan
- Responsible for end to end environment provisioning coordination
- C oordinates to resolve test environment defects
- Plan the reuse or decommissioning of environment when test is completed
- Monitor and review the progress of Test Environment Management activities
- Automate manual tasks in setup and managing test environments
- Environment requirements gathering and requests capturing for allocation of test environments
- Review progress of test environments booking forms, scheduling and allocations issues
- Requirement gathering from Projects/Programs and finalize environment specific requirements that impact projects
- Secure environments for use and manage environment booking conflicts
- Able to setup core applications, such as T24, TAP, TTI
- Able to execute ad-hoc jobs, backup of test environment & other application jobs related to the batch execution of the project
- Able to carry-out an environment maintenance & housekeeping
- Able to co-ordinate for refresh of test environments
- Manage provisioning of test ready environments including new build and setup for existing environments
- Plan and ensure environment support during project execution phase
- Provide technical leadership for the environment management team
- Proactively manage demand and capacity
- At least 10 years of information technology experience including at least 5 years of hands-on experience in Environment Management and Provisioning for Technology Applications.
- Visible technical leadership skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Well-acquainted with environment and application setup, preferably T24, TAP and TTI.
- Financial technology background experience is preferred with experience in the deployment and integration of vendor solutions.
- Previous hands-on experience on Core Banking applications (such as Temenos T24) will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to lead setup of complex test environment servers and work cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to ongoing process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Good knowledge on managing infrastructure with experience in supporting or administration on Windows, Unix, Linux and Storage.
- Ability to anticipate potential risks and activities required to meet project requirements.
- Ability to share technical knowledge and train internal support team is highly desired
- Degree in an IT related discipline.
- Proficient with Java, VB script or other scripting languages.