UX Lead - Digital Venture
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of UX lead. The UX Lead role is responsible for developing the user experience for a client-facing, mass-retail online web-based platform and its related visual assets. The focus is on customer research and translate this in to wireframes for testing with customers and user journeys to maximise the signups and new customer acquisition. The individual must be familiar with agile methodologies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead and take ownership of user experience
• Develop & delegate design work with designers Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
• Organize, participate and manage design workshops with stakeholders & subject matter experts
• Building and promoting an open, trusting and respectful team environment; facilitating discussion, collaborative decision making, best practice and conflict resolution
• Collaborating with the Product Owner to ensure design elements are aligned to the values and objectives of the platform
• Manage the design teams utilization, identify constraints and propose solutions to secure additional capacity
• Track and report on the relevant design teams performance
Qualifications and Skills
What do you need ?
• BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects, or operational excellence with a minimum 5 years of experience in building web portal, website and mobile application design
• Must be experienced working in a fast-paced environment, while ensuring timely delivery of the team in alignment with the project management office
• Experience leading multiple (2+) design teams concurrently, with direct responsibility for their timely and accurate delivery
• Demonstrated ability to apply superior customer experience and user experiences
• Awareness of accessibility and behavioural design features
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure to manage competing demands
• Creative approach to problem-solving with a strong customer focus
• Team-player attitude, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish high-trust professional relationships quickly
• Experience in financial services including asset management and insurance is advantageous
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Relevant certification and scrum experience is a plus
• Up-to-date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technologies
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .