VP, Team Lead, Application Developer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Manage Application Performance Monitoring team for C2E production environment, ensuring high availability of monitoring infrastructure by ensuring adequate capacity planning and resources, currency of software, and onboarding of new applications to be monitored.
- Provide leadership in Implementation, support and management of the Enterprise Monitoring tools to meet the business requirements of the Bank.
- Plan technical deliverables (including Engineering and Architecture technical aspects) to meet project's requirements within allocated budget and schedule.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of dev, ops, and architects to understand complex application architectures in order to implement an effective top-down monitoring strategy for holistic service visibility
- Evolve the Enterprise Monitoring offering as a service with strong focus on Product Management. As a Product Owner, create the feature backlog, prioritize and maintain the roadmap along with being technically hands-on and responsible for deliverables.
- Collaborate and cultivate relationships with Senior Business, Technology and Operations Partners; ensure alignment and gain organizational commitment for the product roadmap and governance. Building Open stack monitoring tools for the applications performance and availability monitoring
- Expertise breaking-down monolithic applications Performance Monitoring (APM) into suitable open source monitoring solutions
- Research emerging Open source tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems processes and Application Performance Monitoring (APM) experience
- Participate in strategy and future implementation discussions for the redesign and implementation of the monitoring environment to modernize with latest technology trends.
- Ensure all relevant applications monitoring and services are properly covered within the monitoring and alerting systems in a manner consistent with the Banks' standards; collect the right metrics at the right frequency and ensure the data is readily available for effective alerting, reporting, and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. At least 10 years of IT experience of which at least 8-10 years' experience in similar role, ideally in a financial institution.
- Candidate with operational experience, preferably in support of critical application systems, will have an advantage.
- Candidate must speak and write well with ability to interact with management & technical subject matter experts.
- Have good leadership skills in working with application teams and service providers in defining infrastructure deployment plan, cutover/migration strategy and test plan.
- The candidate should have strong infrastructure/technical background with knowledge on Open Systems platform and moderate information security knowledge
- Experience in monitoring critical systems and network infrastructure in a large enterprise environment
- Experience on ELK stack (v5.x, 6.x, 7.x) features - APM, Uptime, Infrastructure, Logs, Machine Learning
- Experience of administering databases and application servers such as MySQL, Time-series databases Elastic, Prometheus, MariaDB, Apache & Jboss.
- Have a good understanding of ITIL processes
- Agile and AWS certification preferred
- Desired Qualifications
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience on Open APM tools, agents/ libraries and frames work.
- Good understanding or experience in supporting multiple platforms (Mainframe, AS400, Unix, Windows, Linux) is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: web-based applications developed in Java or .net framework, Microservices & Containers based applications
- Understanding of Server & networking protocols
- Experience with Data Transport formats: JSON, XML
- Experience building cloud-native architectures that include multi-tenancy, horizontal scale, microservices, containers, and RESTful APIs a plus
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices.
- Experience with application monitoring tools such as Introscope, Dynatrace, Tealeaf.
- Unix/Linux experience and/or Windows server administration experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of operations performance management metrics development.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.