VP / AVP, Big Data & Analytics – Senior Technical Project Manager, Core System Tech, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Drive the creation of the overall portfolio management framework to manage all projects related to the Big Data and Analytics area
- Manage the prioritization, scope, financials and headcounts for the portfolio
- Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users.
- Responsible for managing multiple concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- Put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- Drive continuous improvement of best practices an Agile environment
- Recruitment of required resources
- Manage and prioritize competing demands
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- At least 10 years of managing major programmes in an Enterprise environment
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent experience is required; MBA or MSc is a plus
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in Agile/LEAN
- Excellent communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing Scrum of Scrums with at least 80-100 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.