VP / Assistant VP, Application Lead, Cash & Payments, Group Technology
Posting Date: 10-Jan-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
• Ensure oversight and accountability on technical deliverables (internal teams and vendor deliverables) and conformance to quality standards.
• Conduct daily stand ups with team members to review and track issues.
• Provide technical solutions for initiatives ensuring the solution aligns to the overall enterprise architecture and system architecture standards.
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills and technical problem solving skills
• Interact with key stakeholders and project teams to understand the requirements and engineer solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
• Be part of defect triage meetings to understand testing issues, track to ensure closure within project timeline.
• Analyze existing technical debts and implement solutions to remove technical debts with zero impact to productions services.
• Adopt a data-oriented approach to analyzing problem trends, identity root cause and hands on to fix it permanently.
• Serve as a technical subject matter expert for Application development and support teams
• Collaborate with L3 and L2 team on Production issues and take lead in bringing together the right resources to troubleshoot and fix critical issues
• Review and manage Production Implementation activities to ensure Production stability.
• Manage and support weekend deployment for releases
• Maintain relationship with architects, project managers, release managers, L3, L2 teams & service providers
• Be the team's SME and primary contact with external vendor's to raise issues and seek solutions ( Oracle, RedHat etc) Job Requirements Must-have:
• Hands-on experience in core java and integrating open source libraries. Experience in Java 1.6 and above preferably with experience on Java 1.8, Oracle 19C (with experience implementing new features available in latest versions)
• Experience in integration of open source libraries, APIs
• Application performance tuning by optimizing garbage collection and optimizing the setup of JBoss EAP, MQ to support peak performance
• Basic domain knowledge in Cash management, payments, Corporate Banking
• Experience in managing and performing quality assurance on vendor's technical deliverables
• Experience in leading design, usage of design patterns and evaluation of third party products, performing POC's
• Should be a good team player comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
• Keen sense of time to deliver and process oriented approach to delivery
• Minimum Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Systems or equivalent.
• Good communication and organization skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and multi-cultural environment.
• Able to work independently or in a team to resolve issues and/or identify solutions in a timely manner.
• Stay current with the latest trends, evolving technologies, development methodologies and frameworks Good-to-have:
• Functional knowledge and prior experience in Banking (preferably Corporate Banking) is a plus
• Prior experience as technical lead in either payment middleware applications (payment processing, orchestration layers) or customer onboarding channels is a plus
• Experience in automated software testing (TOSCA, selenium)
• DevOps experience - Jenkins, tools and methodologies
• Passion for technology innovation, product design, high energy, can do attitude, strong sense of ownership and desire to succeed Technical Skills:
• 8+ years strong hands on experience in Java (with at least 1 year on Java 1.8 and 3-4 years' experience in Restful API's, micro services, sprint boot, Hibernate, Reactive JS)
• Prior experience in using design patterns and performance tuning
• Development of shell scripts, Unix / Linux programming,
• Database design: SQL, JSON SQL's expertise in DB
• Experience in middleware technologies - MQ, EMS or Rabbit MQ, Kafka
• Experience in using advance monitoring tools (Wiley, APM etc.)
• Experience in build tools - maven, ant and Version control tools like - sub version, GitHub
• Code quality, code coverage tools - Sonar, Crucible, Fortify etc. Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.