Job description Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The Company Secretarial function leads, develops and manages corporate governance throughout the Group. As principal advisors to the boards of directors on corporate governance matters, the team also holds responsibility for establishing and managing stock exchange listings; directing and managing shareholder meetings and equity raisings, and representing Group interests in the development of laws and regulations.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Vice President, Company Secretariat. Principal Responsibilities
- HSBC is a diverse business which is undergoing rapid and significant change. There is a constantly evolving environment of legal and regulatory requirements and the Corporate Governance and Secretariat (CG&S) function is fully committed to setting and meeting the highest standards of governance globally
- Given the scale of business and its geographic spread, the function sees continual change both internally and externally. The work is complex and demanding and the standards need to be consistently high
- Primary responsibility to lead and manage the CG&S function within Singapore for all aspects of support for the Boards in their portfolio including planning, scheduling, review of relevant materials submitted to the Board Committees and all associated governance
- To advise the Boards of Directors through the respective Chairman and, where appropriate, Chief Executive, on all corporate governance matters and provide direct support to the Board, Non Executive Directors, its Committees and senior management
- To deliver the objectives of the country by ensuring that effective CG&S support and advice is provided to all Group companies of which he or she is Secretary through an appropriate and consistent corporate governance framework
- To lead and act upon changes in legislation and regulation within Singapore, with particular regard to the continuing obligations of HSBC
- To help support the development and career growth of team members and to build a robust succession pipeline for the function
- Qualified company secretary or lawyer with experience in a high quality, large and complex organisation
- Minimum 10 years working experience. Financial services experience is critical given its inherent complexity However, candidates who have worked in highly regulated industry can be considered. Strong written and communication skill is essential. Ability to understand the banking business and to draft minutes to precision is a requirement
- Strong Subject Matter Expert with the ability to advise on corporate governance matters making reference to local regulatory requirements, e.g., Companies Act, MAS CG Guidelines, Banking Act etc.
- Relationship building is an essential part of the role, earning and maintaining the trust of a highly demanding stakeholder group and proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at a senior leadership level is essential
- Working to tight deadlines and multiple demands in a challenging and changing environment, demonstrating clear personal accountability
- Collaboration and working as part of a broader team to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach
- Contributing towards a high-performance culture with a values driven mentality
- Strong communication skills will be vital
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.