Relationship Manager, Northern Trust Asset Management
- Location: Stockholm, Stockholms, Sweden
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
About Northern Trust Asset Management
Northern Trust Asset Management is a leading global asset management firm serving institutional and individual investors in 29 countries. Northern Trust Asset Management help our clients navigate the markets and offer innovative solutions across equities, fixed income and cash management. This includes quantitative factor strategies, and index management incorporating ESG principles. Capabilities are available through both pooled funds and segregated accounts, with a focus on designing investment strategies to meet the individual and aggregate needs of investors in a scaleable manner.
We are looking for a high-caliber Relationship Manager who is passionate about servicing investment clients and expanding a business to join our office in Stockholm. This is an opportunity to be part of a successful team which works with a growing number of major pension funds, intermediaries and other institutional investors in the Nordic region.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide high quality service to assigned clients, thereby contributing to retention of existing business and expansion of client relationships.
Investment capabilities offered to asset owners include the following:
- Quantitative factor strategies
- Index Equity and Fixed Income
- Cash and Short Duration Fixed Income
A significant focus of our business is on investment strategies which incorporate ESG principles and our ESG expertise is well recognized in the marketplace. Our capabilities are offered through both separately managed portfolios and pooled funds.
• Maintain deep relationships with Nordic clients and implement an effective relationship management plan which incorporates high quality servicing of existing accounts but also conveys asset management thought leadership, broader investment capabilities and comprehensive solutions of Northern Trust Asset Management. This requires understanding/evaluating the investor’s overall goals, objectives and risk tolerance.
• Take full accountability for all areas related to client servicing, working with the Sales Team, Portfolio Management, Account Management, Front and Back Office and relevant support teams.
• Proactively deepen and broaden relationships within each client organization.
• Conduct periodic portfolio reviews with appropriate recommendations to meet client expectations.
• Strong collaboration with regional Northern Trust Asset Management Sales teams through joint meetings, client reviews and new business generation. Work closely with the Relationship Management teams in London to develop, execute and maintain a business strategy, in co-operation with other Northern Trust business units in the region.
• Develop a strong network with other teams including Wealth Management Group and Asset Servicing when needed.
• Track progress in the client relationship management system, communicate activity reports and provide necessary management metrics.
• The ability to develop strong relationships with clients and communicate effectively with them.
• Be a strong team player and work effectively with portfolio managers, operations staff, other client facing staff etc. in order to deliver a high quality overall service to each client in an efficient manner.
• With support from senior staff, analyze client situations, formulate effective strategic and tactical actions and resolve issues. He or she needs to be conversant and comfortable at all stages of the business process. In order to be effective, there must be a demonstrated ability to evaluate clients’ needs and formulate a responsive solution.
• In conjunction with senior staff, act as a strategic partner with clients in analyzing changes in the market and the client investment profile with the goal to develop strategic and tactical solutions.
• Take an important role in the portfolio review process to ensure that clients understand performance of their investment and that indicated changes in client needs are adequately incorporated into the investment program.
• Synthesize client requirements and effectively communicate these needs to Northern Trust Asset Management product management, portfolio management, marketing, risk and compliance teams allowing for the development of market responsive solutions.
• Work effectively in a large, growing and constantly changing, global organization.
• Proven and successful experience in the investment management industry, with demonstrable direct relationship management /business development experience
• Strong knowledge of and interest in financial markets and investment management.
• Experience of working with Nordic Institutional Investors is essential.
• English and Nordic language speaking (primarily Swedish) and writing skills required. Other languages skills are welcome.
• University Degree in business, finance, economics or related fields preferred.
• CFA or other relevant qualification preferred.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$885 billion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets