DevOps/SRE Engineer Docker & Kubernetes CI/CD Jenkins FRENCH Speaking; Geneva Suisse, Switzerland. Senior profile needed.
Candidates MUST have STRONG and credible background /experience in a live Production environment. This is a Senior DevOps / SRE Engineer.
Aside from the below you will be expected to coach and mentor and be a Senior Team member/Team Leader. For this role we need someone who has Energy and ambition to push themselves and others and be a technical Goto person.
Energy, engagement (both his/her own) but also for the wider team. Systems Resilience – reliability – Automation and continuous deployment are KEY.
Must have Docker & Kubernetes ; CI/CD ; Jenkins.
• IT Master’s Degree or equivalent proven experience
• 5+ years on delivering software to production
• Strong experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Linux administration (RedHat / Centos)
• PostgreSQL Database knowledge preferred
• Passion for automation, and knowledge of state-of-the-art tools and methodology
• Configuration management tools
o Experienced on building new puppet manifests to deploy new applications using classes and modules
• Experience with Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
• Strong GitOps knowledge and experience
• CI/CD tools in production environment, in particular with Jenkins or Bamboo pipelines
• Intermediate scripting languages (Bash – PowerShell – Python – Ruby)
• Experience on working on an API first environment
• Windows server administration preferred
• Knowledge in IP Networking
• Knowledge of ITIL practices
• Knowledge of agile development methodologies
• Understanding of the IT/Network security challenge
• Basic understanding of Java applications. Experience working with production WebLogic or Tomcat applications preferred
• Monitoring administration (Kibana, Prometheus) required
• Experience with virtualisation administration (VMWare) preferred
As a Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer, you'll be key on ensuring that our products are developed in a way that they can be properly managed by operations. Leveraging automation and industrialisation you will be the liaison across several departments to ensure we respect our quality KPIs and we are able to properly identify the root cause of issues. You will participate to establishing a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably.
What do we look for in a Senior DEVOPS/SRE Engineer?
First and foremost, we are looking for a particular type of person who can thrive in this organisation. As The client is in transition from legacy products and a monolithic way of developing products, the candidate will need to be fully comfortable with the new technology and be an inspiration for his/her colleagues helping others to grow as well as adapt to change. Experience in a start-up or a constant evolving and growing FI would be an advantage.
• Technically up to date on latest technologies and cloud native environments.
• Strong commitment for automation.
• Being able to define and improve processes of deployment, monitoring and customer onboarding.
This role is designed to be a senior member of the Financial Messaging development department, helping to accelerate our time to market and to industrialise our way of delivering products.
Having production experience with managing Kubernetes and Docker, would make you stand out from the crowd.
Typically, as a Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer, your work will be focused on how to:
• Optimise our CI/CD pipelines to make them more efficient and scalable.
• Define, develop and deploy our monitoring and alerting systems.
• Work with The client central network and infrastructure teams to design our implementations in line with the group requirements
• Work with the Operations teams to gather feedbacks and ideas for improvement
• Shape best practices and evangelise the rest of the team around our DevOps/SRE techniques.
• Work in an agile environment, participating to sprint planning, ceremonies and review.