Lead IT Business Analyst - Power & Nat Gas
We require an accomplished business analyst with experience of Allegro and Power & Natural Gas Trading, with in-depth experience of completing detailed business process analysis and requirement gathering to enable the delivery of complex software development projects. Within this role, the candidate will be leading a team responsible for understanding and verifying business cases for change, completing business process analysis, and defining business and functional requirements.
The candidate will initially work on a project to implement Allegro for Power Trading but will also be expected to work on a variety of other projects across the business. Candidate will be responsible for designing both strategic and tactical solutions and then supporting the project through to delivery. Ideally the candidate will have experience of front, middle and back office business functions although this is not essential.
The candidate will manage relationships and expectations with business stakeholders, sponsors and support and direct development & test teams, both internal and third party, throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Eliciting business requirements, articulating target business processes and establishing functional design for Power Trading.
- Work closely with the Global Product Managers and Senior Business Stakeholders to determine the initiatives and features required to deliver programme objectives
- Work with external consultants to deliver Allegro for Power Trading and ensure the solution meets business requirements and there are no business surprises for go-live
- Work with the functional architecture team to determine the design of a solution, including screen design & usability to optimise business processes
- Key point of functional escalation for technical and QA teams during requirement development & testing
- Support change management and training teams to prepare business stakeholder for process and functional change.
Key Attitudes / Competencies:
- Proven ability to act as a bridge between the business and development team located in other offices, translating business concepts into requirements that are implementable
- Expected to have 7+ years' experience of requirements analysis in a commercial environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Implementing Allegro or delivering large Allegro projects
- Changes to Allegro Data Model and Visual Models. Knowledge of Allegro class events would be beneficial but not essential
- Power and Nat Gas Trading (European and/or US models)
- Power and Nat Gas Risk Management
- Knowledge of physical or derivative Coal, LNG or Oil trading would be beneficial
- Experience of a variety of software development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, iterative development)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong academic background - excellent degree from a top tier university is required in a subject that demonstrates the need for logical thinking, precise understanding and clear articulation
- Able to plan, track and direct team's activities through to completion
- Delivery focused
- Develop and maintain close relationships with business and IT stakeholders
- Team worker, mentoring of other IT Business Analysts
- Good communicator, engaging and able to work with offshore teams across various time zones
- Ability to make decisions & thrive in a fast paced environment
Key Relationships and Department Overview: Key Relationships:
- Close relationships with business stakeholders and key users
- Other business analysts, functional and solution architects, developers, project managers and technology partners
- Testing and training groups
Trafigura is committed to building and maintaining world class IT applications and infrastructure. The Trading IT group directly supports the Trafigura trading business, and this business has started a far-reaching programme to enhance and improve its trading applications using an innovative architecture to support business growth across the full range of business lines and geographies, and to enable the sharing of systems across different businesses. This programme is aimed at delivering functional capabilities, enhancements and technical infrastructure upgrades to enable continued business growth and enhanced profitability for the firm.