Windows System Engineer
IBKR Financial Services AG, in Zug, Switzerland, is looking for a motivated and driven Windows System Engineer to support the team. In this role, you will be part of a team that is building one of the world's strongest brokerage brands. A global enterprise that employs technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent, controlled growth. Responsibilities
- Manage Virtualization platform (VMware ESXi, vSphere)
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot VMware Horizon View Environment
- Design, implementation, administration and support on-prem and cloud enterprise solutions, focused on Microsoft technologies
- Administer and support Office 365 suite configurations and policies
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory and Group Policy in our domain environment.
- Designs and implements technical solutions
- Gather and document business requirements, assess technical capabilities and analyze findings to translate into technology solutions.
- Perform in-depth technical research and analyze results to recommend suitable approaches for solving complex and challenging technical and integration problems
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation and planned maintenance activities after hours and on weekends when needed
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, and in some cases as a project team lead
- Monitoring of European Windows systems to guarantee reliable operation
- Ensuring IT-Security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to the Windows infrastructure and applications supported
- 5+ year in-depth knowledge of VMware based virtualization platform and Horizon View
- Good knowledge of Windows system administration (AD, DNS, Group Policy, Office 365)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Technical background and 5-7 years of practical experience as a VMware and Windows system engineer
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the IB global Windows team
- Understanding of networking concepts, LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, routing, switching and firewalls.
- Experience in Windows Server 2012/2016, Microsoft SQL & Windows clustering technologies, Active Directory, Group Policy and DFS file systems.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving / trouble shooting skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools and techniques to increase automation, performance and scalability.
- Fluent in German and good English skills are essential
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE, MOUS, and VCP) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining IB.
If you have motivation and initiative, are analytical and methodical, we can offer you a position that will be both, challenging and rewarding. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Company Overview
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 ) For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info