Application Architect/Tech Lead
For our client, an international bank with a global reach, Swisslinx are looking for a highly motivated hands on Application Architect with a Java programming background to support the enhancement of portfolio management platform in Zurich.
This is a rolling 6 month contract with a strong chance of renewal starting by May-June 2020.
As the successful candidate you will work in a multicultural and a globally dispersed architecture team of 10 people responsible for the design and planning of the key advisory systems in the bank used across the world.
The team manages a complex application landscape including professional investment portfolio construction tools and mobile applications used during client meetings and are looking to roll our functionality across the globe. Initially you will support the preparatory phase before moving to the implementation.
As part of this they will be modernizing the tech stack and embracing the latest versions of Java, Micro Services, containerization etc by Q4.
In this role you be responsible for solution design, coaching developers and implementing features, as well as the following:
• Take over a technical lead role within one delivery team (7-10 in one team including BA, Scrum Master, Developers and QA)
• Coach other engineers and support the team in utilizing developers individual expertise efficiently
• Implement high quality, reusable and well tested software solutions observing best practices and principles
• Participate actively in peer reviews, code walkthroughs etc.
• Design and contribute to prepare architectural decisions and deliver accurate detailed estimations
• Write high quality technical specification and create visualizations / technical artifacts when needed
• Support other disciplines like architecture and requirements engineering when needed
• Work closely with our business colleagues as well as other disciplines (e.g., requirement engineers) to elaborate technical solutions out of the requirements
As the ideal candidate you will have a strong engineering background and will possess the following skills:
• Bachelor or Master (preferred) in Information Technology or Engineering
• Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming patterns and principles with very good Java know-how (5+ years) in an enterprise context
• Experience (3+ years, preferably in an enterprise context) in solution design and architecture
• Experience in a role as Lead Developer, Solution Architect, Application Architect or Technical Lead/Team Lead
• Strong software design and modeling skillset including UML know-how
• Knowledge of Databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
• Experience designing UI from a usability / user interaction point of view
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA