Quantitative Analyst / Developer
Do you have good programming skills and a passion for the banking business and its processes? Do you want to be acquainted with an innovative Asset Manager? Do you want to learn from a pioneer in the management of risk premia?
For Vescore our Quantitative, model-based investment boutique we are looking for individuals who enjoy working in a team to develop our investment processes and various evaluations regarding the portfolios and the strategy.
We are looking for a new team member in Zurich or in Munich to strengthen our profile in the area of database development and data processing.
Your opportunity Our quantitative developers are expected to utilize programming, statistical, mathematical, big database skills acquired though professional or academic endeavors in the design, development, fine tuning, and testing of leading-edge data solutions and algorithms. Strong passion for programming, database development, data mining, and research is required. Your tasks
- Integrate with infrastructure providers to tackle storage and compute challenges across large datasets and parallel computations.
- design complex database schemas, implement and maintain MS SQL databases for portfolio management data and market data
- develop applications to assure the quality of the database (ingestion process, cross-checks etc.) when managing vast amounts of information
- develop analytical libraries and tools, leveraging both open source and proprietary numerical software packages
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or Applied Sciences or related field
- Passion for technology, software development, and mathematics
- Proficiency with SQL query planning and optimization
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (e.g. C/C++/C# and R/Python)
- Passion to collaborate with investment professionals and quantitative researchers to define priorities, deliver custom software solutions, and improve the investment process
- Good understanding of technologies such as HTTP, REST, Web Servers
- Comfort working in a UNIX production environment a plus
- Comfortable in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment, and able to identify and implement process improvements
- Detail oriented, self-driven, focused, trustworthy, motivated team player with strong, problem-solving, decision-making, critical thinking and documentation skills
- Fluent in German and English
Stefan Schotte is looking forward to receive and review your application.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .