Analyst - Client Service Management
- Not Specified
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Global Client Service Management (CSM) team is made up of 134 people across the globe, The APAC CSM Inquiries team is made up of 15 people located in Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, & Tokyo servicing Institutional, Retail, High Net Worth and Direct clients.
As part of APAC CSM, the Inquiries team is responsible for operational servicing and accountable for driving and delivering the daily client experience and needs through daily interaction with the firm, including client inquiry management. In 2018, the Inquiries team will extend to cover the full spectrum of medium-high volume, ‘business as usual’ client service across segregated accounts and pooled funds.
Primary responsibilities are to provide the first line of operational / business liaison service and support for our Clients and in country client businesses teams covering BlackRock’s offshore domiciled funds (Luxembourg, Dublin, Cayman) as well as local domiciled fund ranges (Hong Kong, China and Taiwan). Also, as first point of contact for APAC segregated clients when it comes to Client Reporting and Gateway (website) inquiries and as such has a direct impact on the client experience.
This position is in Taiwan and offers a unique opportunity to face off directly with our clients and a wide range of stakeholders within the business and will report locally to the regional business manager.
The successful Taiwan CSM candidate will be part of a team of Client Service Management professionals supporting our clients located in Taiwan.
The person in this role will work closely with our internal stakeholders on issue analysis, management and resolution for clients investing in our on-shore & off-shore mutual fund ranges. Key stakeholders include; Client Business, Business Operations and Transfer Agents.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and their agents for account opening and investment instructions for Retail Distributors / High Net Worth Individual and Corporate / Institutional clients into BlackRock onshore and offshore funds.
- Facilitate clients’ placement of deal instructions in BlackRock funds with the external transfer agents.
- Work closely with internal and external groups; including but not limited to, Global Client Business Groups, Business Operations, Local and Global Custodians and Transfer Agents.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally, answering inquiries and resolving problems from clients as well as internal BlackRock groups
- Identify and manage operational risk effectively, including identification, communication, escalation and remediation of risks to the relevant forums
- Identify and challenge non-standard/exception based processes and/or requests, escalating accordingly.
- Seek process improvements wherever possible, to facilitate take-on of additional activities through the commoditization / automation of existing activities.
- Experience in project / initiative implementations, with the required skillset to take on business analysis and test planning in a timely manner.
- Be a team player within the Taiwan CSM team and cross-support colleagues across APAC CSM locations to deliver best in class service to our clients. Own client queries and drive them through to resolution, ensuring a variety of client queries are handled with due care and attention and responded to appropriately, within agreed time frames and always with consideration of the client’s needs, expectations and experience.
- Partner with the sales team and other business stakeholders to develop solutions for our clients, exploring our service capabilities and continually looking for ways to innovate and provide clients with improved and better service outcomes.
- The role will provide opportunities to learn about Client Services the full operational processes for BlackRock Mutual Funds, and Transfer Agent operations.
- Being the central point for all client contact queries and issues, we have daily interactions with departments such as Legal & Compliance, Portfolio Managers, Product and Client Business which will allow our team members to gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, its position in the market and the wide range of products that we manage.
- BlackRock is a firm believer in mobility of high performers across functional groups as it has been proven to keep the company better connected as we grow. This ensures an internal first policy for all open vacancies.
- Ideally 3 to 5 years of Taiwan onshore fund industry and offshore fund master agent experience related to shareholder / Direct client services (individual / corporate) or transfer agency operations.
- Professional Licenses: SITCA licensing (Securities Investment Trust & Consulting Professionals) is a must requirement
- Knowledge of Taiwan onshore funds and offshore funds master agent in Taiwan (TDCC Trading and reporting platforms) is essential.
- Knowledge of Taiwan fund ruling and regulations, AML policies and procedures, and on-boarding KYC and new account documentation is essential.
- Understanding of fund investment operation processes and NAV valuation/administration is a plus.
- Knowledge of Luxembourg SICAVs, Dublin SICAVs or APAC On-Shore funds preferred.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering policies and requirements.
- Language ability in both Mandarin and English.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and an aptitude for learning new technologies and applications.
- Personable, confident and able to develop strong relationships with both clients external and internal partners.
- Innovative problem solving capabilities and ability to think and act quickly.
- Ability to use factual based data in decision making process while working under critical deadlines.
- Capacity for working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Highly motivated, demonstrate genuine interests in financial / client services, an aptitude for problem solving and shows willingness to go the extra mile for clients.
- Organized, disciplined and methodical approach to work and able to manage time well whilst working in a sometimes pressured environment, with the ability to manage and prioritize work of self and others effectively to consistently meet business goals.
- A proactive team-player who understands that a highly organized team can drive better performance and can take the lead in driving through process improvements and change.
- An individual, who processes a proactive and ‘can do’ attitude, which can lead self and others with drive, determination and a willingness to learn and innovate.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statu
ses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.