Sr Systems Engineer - Enterprise Solutions
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME is looking for a Sr Systems Engineer to be part of ESP (Enterprise Support Platforms) Support team, where you will be responsible for the operation, monitoring and day to day support for all environments in various regions of the world. Your primary tasks will be focused on maintaining high availability, performance and security of our infrastructure. The incumbent must have strong knowledge of server Windows or Linux administration, along with a strong knowledge in VMware, Citrix configuration, networking, scripting and automation, large scale distributed computing, hardware/operating system/application interaction, and security. Strong communication and documentation skills are required as the candidate will typically be working with cross team groups and across timezones. Essential Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrates knowledge of skilled systems (Linux/Windows), distributed computing architecture (client server, intranet/internet), h/w platforms and resources - CPU, memory, virtualization, clustering and cloud computing.
- Configures systems and modifies settings to ensure proper functioning; Handle script implementation and validation, automating where possible; Provides routine maintenance of systems.
- Maintains the availability of environments for projects; Follows application deployment/configuration plans and implements execution environment plans
- Troubleshoots most known and some new issues, determines the root cause, provides solutions, and takes initiative to see the solution through; Identifies problems and provides solutions; Verifies implementation and makes adjustments as necessary; Documents solution and provides clarification and support to others
- Level 3 support of our various environments across Windows, Linux, Virtualisation and Storage solutions
- Operate in a small, dedicated, focused global team. Occasional weekend and bank holiday coverage required
- Operate in a very entrepreneurial manner with extreme customer focus
- Proactive monitoring and administration of infrastructure
- Improve infrastructure and processes for higher levels of availability and scalability
- Strong Windows and Linux system administration skills (patching, configuration, etc.)
- Proven experience designing, deploying or operating virtualized applications / infrastructure in a Citrix VDI environment running on VMware
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers)
- Scripting skills in one or more of the following are preferred; Ruby, Python, Bash, Perl
- Ability to analyse and problem solve under pressure
- Self-motivated with a desire to contribute to a team environment
- Experience with DevOps related tools, practices, and culture
- Project management experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in large scale environment or equivalent
- Windows or Linux Server Administration
- Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp 7.6 VDI
- Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting and support of VMware vSphere 6.0 or higher
- Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting and support of Citrix suite of products
- Powershell or python expertise required
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools (Chef, SCCM etc)
- Storage experience (Pure, Isilon, NetApp)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Citrix Director, Citrix MAS, Splunk, vROPs, Solarwinds