Automation Engineer - Midlands/Remote Working - £50,000-£60,000, dependent on experienceHarvey Nash are working in partnership with Fleetcor, as they embark on a restructure and augmentation of their IT & Technology workforce. Fleetcor, is a Global Leader in Commercial Payments, their specialized payment solutions help businesses control, simplify, and secure payment for fuel, general payables, toll and lodging expenses.
Automation Engineer - Midlands/Remote Working - £50,000-£60,000, dependent on experience
Harvey Nash are working in partnership with Fleetcor, as they embark on a restructure and augmentation of their IT & Technology workforce. Fleetcor, is a Global Leader in Commercial Payments, their specialized payment solutions help businesses control, simplify, and secure payment for fuel, general payables, toll and lodging expenses. They're a truly global company, operating in over 80 countries around the world.
2020 is shaping up to be an exciting year in Europe for Fleetcor, with their move into an accelerated API strategy and towards cloud based solutions. Transformation and Stabilization are their key drivers and they're looking for their Technology Team to drive innovation and improve delivery through a continued move towards Agile working.
If you're looking to utilize your Automation knowledge and experience to employ technical testing approaches within an agile development team, then this could be for you. Drawing from a strong foundation in software engineering, your focus will be on building robust and flexible automated tests and following the engineering standards and best practices. It's about being an active member within a cross-functional team and enabling the rapid delivery of quality software to our customers.
Your key objectives will be as follows:
- Participating in scrum ceremonies and actively undertaking sprint tasks
- Utilising a BDD /ATDD approach to execute test plans and develop suitable test cases
- Following the testing processes and practices within an agile software development team
- Using a test-first approach to create automated unit, integration, acceptance and performance tests
- Partaking in training workshops and pairing sessions to improve yours and the team's capabilities
- Collaborating with Software Engineers to continuously improve the testability and robustness of the codebase
We'll consider Automation Testers from a range of experience levels to do this, both highly skilled as well as those who are working their way up and only have a little exposure. The most important thing to Fleetcor is that you're ambitious and enthusiastic about your career within Automation testing.
To be successful in this role, you'll most likely have the following skills & experience:
- You'll have background in test automation at a UI and API level and will have been working within an Agile and Microsoft stack (.NET) environment.
- You're used to building and maintaining automated test suites for enterprise applications.
- You're proactive in your own development and have a drive to use the latest technologies.
- You'll most likely have a degree in a computer science, engineering discipline; or equivalent software testing experience along with experience working with Selenium, Postman, C#, DevOps CI/CD.
- It would great if you have experience with Cloud Technologies (particularly Microsoft Azure),
- Micro-services or Service Oriented Architectures, experienced with SQL or NoSQL databases and writing and executing queries
- You'll be able to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to all different types of people in the software development lifecycle
- You'll have a passion for collaboration and enthusiasm for building good team dynamics
Please submit your application at your earliest convenience to be considered for this opportunity.