Corporate Credit Sanctioner
- £55,000 - £75,000 GBP
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom Birmingham England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Eximius Finance
- 12 Sep 18 2018-09-12
This is a VP Level Role Based in Birmingham focusing on corporate credit sanctioning sitting in a team of 4, soon to be 8. This will focus on loans up to 10 million for the UK clients.
To act as a Credit Sanctioner within Medium Enterprise Credit, Credit Team, responsible for UK Corporate lending between £10m and £75m debt size within the company covering the Retail & Wholesale, Hospitality & Leisure, Healthcare, Manufacturing, TMT, Business Services and Public Sector sub sectors. Work will include a mix of sanctioning within individual lending discretion and presenting to sanctioners with a higher discretion.
A few points:
- Analyse/Review Credit applications, ensuring high quality credit sanctioning to identify and mitigate risk; approving applications within discretion or recommending to the appropriate sanction point.
- Support Coverage with added value client visits to help support client retention and business development, both in support of the Mid Corporate growth strategy
- Approve utilisation of sanctioned limits and headroom allocation within discretion
- Approve excesses within authority of agreed limits and ownership of resolution if referral required to more senior sanction level
- Maintain data integrity of appropriate Credit Risk systems
- Ensure that approvals are within the company’s Risk Appetite and Mandate and Scale set for the Sector
- Comply with all appropriate Credit Risk Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Deliver service in a timely manner meeting agreed service level agreements and ensure that all day to day credit activities are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Act as a dedicated source of knowledge on the Sectors in which discretions and mandate are available.
- Contribute to sub sector portfolio reviews and deep dives.
- Maintain a good understanding of products and client offerings across the company’s product set
- Provide support to Team/Sector in provision of portfolio and management Information for the Sector
- Ownership of Individual Objectives as agreed with Line Manager and identification of development plan.