Quality Assurance Engineer in Bristol | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Quality Assurance Engineer
What you'll do
- We'll look to you to undertake testing activities to agreed timescales, cost and quality, to prove that solutions satisfy customer needs and business operating principles
- You'll be supporting the delivery of testing projects, identifying impact and managing resulting change
- Joining a collaborative team, you can expect great visibility for you and your work as you work with a range of key stakeholders
As a Quality Assurance Engineer , you'll be supporting the completion of system integration, user acceptance and regression testing within release schedule deadlines, and escalating issues identified during testing to make sure adequate resolution or workaround is implemented.
You'll be proactively identifying areas for improvement, escalating through appropriate governance routes and working with others to ensure fit for purpose, client centric solutions. We'll look to you to provide a technical point of reference to the department on a day-to-day basis, and act as the first point of contact on key issues with associated internal and external businesses.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Providing support in highlighting all software, including non functional requirements and hardware requirements and making sure that the test environment is fit for purpose through smoke or sanity testing
- Understanding and analysing testing requirements, working with colleagues to plan and manage the work necessary to perform and monitor testing for projects
- Reviewing, analysing and providing feedback on project documents to aid the creation of test plans, test schedule and test strategy
- Producing test plans to detail the approach to the planning and execution of tests for a specific phase of testing aligning to the test strategy
- Establishing and building relationships to facilitate the achievement of goals and support the momentum of projects throughout the project lifecycle
To succeed in this role, you'll need practical experience of testing design, planning and execution, along with proven application of testing methodologies. You'll need strong organisational skills, and the ability to plan and prioritise your workflow effectively.
We'll expect you to have experience in non functional testing-load, volume, stress, security, accessibility, compatibility, penetration and back-out, as well as experience of systems development lifecycle.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Knowledge of SQA methodology and process
- A background in design and development of test cases for large and complex software
- Experience of UI testing
- Familiarity with automation testing framework setup
- Experience of working with tools like TOSCA, Selenium, Expresso, Xcode
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to gather and interpret information from a range of different sources, and in a number of different ways
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.