Cyber Exercise Co-Ordinator
- Camberly, England, United Kingdom Camberly England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Cyber Exercise Co-Ordinator
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: Chester or Camberley
Line of Business: Global Information Security
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Cyber Exercise Coordinator to join Bank of America Merrill Lynch in either our Chester or Camberley office.
As a Cyber Exercise Coordinator with a regional focus in EMEA and APAC, you will contribute to the training and coordination between various cyber security organizations and the Bank's lines of business. Working with key Stakeholders, you will design, develop, conduct and evaluate cyber exercises for the Bank and support and influence national and international exercises for the sector.
The successful candidate will be given great exposure to senior people within the UK and internationally. You will have excellent opportunities to learn and develop your career as well as having the chance to progress your career within Global Information Security.
As a Cyber Exercise Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, conduct and evaluate cyber exercises
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, internally and externally, to develop, manage and deliver cyber exercises to increase preparedness against cyber threats and risks and enhance the resilience of the bank and the sector regionally
- You will be expected to work and thrive in a dynamic, face-paced environment and design multiple exercises on a yearly plan
- As part of a global exercise team, engage across the full range of the bank's cyber security landscape and facilitate robust dialogue at all levels within the organization
- Leverage the Bank's risk management framework to focus on key cyber threats and vulnerabilities, as well as critical business processes
- Provide robust end-to-end exercise management utilizing the team's exercise lifecycle playbook
As a Cyber Exercise Coordinator your competencies/skills will be:
- Have a foundational understanding of exercise and text concepts used to evaluate staff skill levels, operational risk and security effectiveness
- Ability to capture actions taken by the exercise participants through direct observation, monitoring of communications between participants and direct interaction with participants. Analyse the data and provide realistic and insightful conclusions
- Ability to design executive level summaries aimed at driving action and demonstrating success
- Effective written and oral communication skills in both group and individual settings
- Ability to facilitate and control a room of people and guide them through the exercise in order to achieve the goals
- Proven record of being able to navigate successfully across organizational lines
- Ability to communicate threat actor techniques, tactics and procedures (verbal and written) with executives and stakeholders in non-technical terms while accurately encompassing risk, impact likelihood, containment and remediation activities
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with an ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and handle multiple work efforts in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with network security vulnerabilities, exploits and attacks
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- Technical or Information Security Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, conduct and evaluation of exercises
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape with knowledge of emerging technologies and trends
- Knowledge of, and experience working in, finance sector linked information security collaboration groups
- Project Management proficiency: Manages planning and delivery of exercise milestones, ensures design and development stay on target, identifies and escalates issues and risks, develops high quality deliverables and manages exercise lifecycle to conclusion
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.