ServiceNow Team Leader. Business Applications, IT Services, Cardiff
Work in a world leading ServiceNow migration project.
Do you feel excited by something never tried before? Do you enjoy engaging stakeholders, understand their processes and translate into functional specification? Do you thrive taking ownership on an application area and ensure the delivery is functionally fit?
Deloitte is starting a ServiceNow program in a global scale and you will get involved with the UK implementation of the program.
We need an experienced technical team leader to manage a highly motivated ServiceNow development team. Your role
As a ServiceNow team leader, you are the subject matter expert for a number of ServiceNow implementations, including ITIL process implementation over ServiceNow.
You need to have solid hands-on development experience and interest in most of the following ServiceNow/ITIL/ITBM functionality/processes:
- Incident and Major Incident Management
- Problem and Change Management
- Release Management
- Service Portal and Catalogue
- Portfolio Management
- Demand Management
You will be responsible for technical guidance and ensuring your development team deliver high quality solutions. You will also work with solution architects to produce detailed application architectures that meet business requirements and adhere to global standards.
Further you will be responsible for developing your team's skills to stay on top of industry trends, ServiceNow and integration development techniques. You will also be responsible for ensuring ServiceNow does not accumulate large amounts of technical debt and that business cases are challenged around change.
It is expected that all technical solutions will be documented and shared amongst peers to facilitate future support and maintenance.
We are looking for individuals with evidence of interest and experience on the following skills:
- At least 6 years of previous ServiceNow development experience, including custom development, configuration and administration.
- Understanding and experience of Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions and all scripted aspects of ServiceNow.
- Customisation of ServiceNow UI and Service Portal through use of UI pages, CMS, CSS and Service Portal widgets.
- Deep understanding of ITIL or ITBM service lifecycle.
- Performs well in an agile environment with constant feedback and interaction with the team.
- Ability to accurately estimate level of effort/duration on projects and tasks.
- Proven team lead experience.
- A positive attitude and perseverance required to troubleshoot/resolve complex technical issues whilst balancing multiple priorities.
What you can expect?
To overcome your challenges you can expect to perform the following activities (not limited to):
Your work, your choice
- Lead the ServiceNow team across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Produce detailed application architectures, in collaboration with solution architects.
- Administer, configure and customize ServiceNow applications for new and existing implementations.
- Extend the ServiceNow schemas to custom applications, making use of Scoped Applications and ServiceNow Studio.
- Create and configure functional data such as Notifications and Service Level Agreements.
- Create and configure script objects such as Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Policies and Actions, Client Scripts, ACLs.
- Set-up interfaces between ServiceNow and other platforms in line with integration opportunities identified by Solution Architects.
- Perform system and integration testing.
- Create documentation of the developments, unit test cases and implementation plans.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution
- Take on and volunteer for additional Business Applications department improvement projects as part of your overall team lead responsibilities.
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We look for results - you decide how to achieve. Deloitte has aggressive targets in implementing Agile way of working. This means that how you work and when you work is directly agreed with you line manager. We are supportive of single parents and innovators in the back to work program.
You will be based in Milton Keynes. There may be expectations for International travel for this role.
This is a full time position UK hours 9:00 up to 17:00 with some flexibility. Your professional experience
In order to be successful, we expect the following skills and experience:
- Proven team lead experience.
- Solid hands on development experience with implemented ITSM and/or ITBM applications in ServiceNow, including CMDB and Knowledge Management.
- Demonstrable experience with integrating ServiceNow with other 3rd party or bespoke tools.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and documenting application architectures.
- Strongly developed communication skills.
- Strong ITIL framework knowledge
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator
The following skills/certifications will definitely be a plus in your application:
Your service line
- PRINCE II certified / experience.
- Any agile certification / experience.
- ITIL exposure / certification.
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 178140