Sr Analyst-Sys/Data Security
- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Sr Analyst-Sys/Data Security
Corporate Title: AVP
Line of Business: Global Information Security (GIS)
The Cyber Security Defense (CSD) team's aim is to protect the bank and have an end to end view and influence over all security controls at the Bank. Information Protection is part of the Cyber Security Defense (CSD) team. The team works to eliminate the loss of the Bank's data to avoid financial loss and reputational damage. The team works between regions through the implementation of a 'Follow the Sun' operating model 24 x 7 x 365.
Responsible for the creation of Information Protection analytics, influencing control strategy for the enterprise based on data mining.
As a Cyber Security Defense specialist your main responsibility will involve:
- Responsible for analyzing global and regional events/metrics and escalation data to identify patterns and trends on high risk controls and proactively suggest, develop and implement enhancements to reduce risk.
- Responsible for optimization of detection rules to increase utilization ratio of analysts based on observations from QA along with metrics calculation and incident trends.
- Computation and assessment of regional and global Information Protection metrics and trends and communication to stakeholders for remediation (where required).
- Liaison between BISOs and Information Protection SLT / control owners for information security requirements.
- Working in tandem with the Cyber Security teams to support their initiatives and achieve Global Information Security (GIS) goals.
- To identify, escalate and debate all risks in line with the bank's framework.
As a Cyber Security Defense specialist your skills and qualifications must include the following:
- Experience detecting Insider Threats and placing controls within an organization to protect against these threats
- Responsible for QA and metric proficiency efforts within Information Protection control(s).
- CISSP and/or CISM and/or CISA. ITIL Foundation.
- Strong understanding of different Data Loss Prevention controls and framework
- Good understanding of Symantec DLP with expertise knowledge of regex
- Platform visualisation knowledge is key for QA and metric proficiency.
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning new technologies/software and adjusts to changing demands and requirements.
- Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers and clients and internal business partners.
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communications (written and spoken) using clear and concise language.
- Able to adapt communication style to the audience.
- Demonstrates the capability of working in a team environment and collaborating with overseas partners.
- Able to work independently
Gain experience of operating in a technically complex, fast changing and dynamic environment.
Bank of America GIS encourages career mobility and this role provides the opportunity to be part of a team where development and advancement is actively supported.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Closing date: 4th April 2018
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organization understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.