Data Analyst - R/VBA/SQL sought by leading investment bank based in Belfast PAYE/Umbrella only.
Key Responsibilities: * Devising suitable quantitative analysis techniques and processes that will assist in identifying whether significant trends or patterns in any given benchmark data set should be investigated
. At present the bank have the required techniques in place but the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining these systems and updating the analysis tools as new risks emerge or systems and products change for example.
* Exercising appropriate judgment to know when to escalate and report concerns and discrepancies in the data being reported for Benchmarks, often to Senior staff within the bank.
* Developing and implementing informative reporting packages for senior management.
* Undertaking ad-hoc requests from management as they arise
* While this role will primarily work on the analysis of Benchmark data, you will also support the wider Benchmarks team with deliverables where required. Other responsibilities may include for example; updating and enhancing global policies and procedures, control testing, ad hoc projects, audit queries and remediation efforts in the conduct risk space.
Qualifications and skills:
* Significant experience (3+ years) of analysing complex data sets, including analysis of trends in data
* Significant experience in developing and maintaining scripts in one or more of the following; R (essential), VBA, SQL
* Experience of working with colleagues from different businesses and regions desirable but not essential
* Experience in a risk management or Compliance related role would be useful but not essential
* Excellent communication skills, able to communicate well with a wide ranging audience including Senior Managers
* Ability to demonstrate credible challenge to front office
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually with minimal supervision
* Strong project management skills - excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and adapt to change in a fast passed environment
* Self-motivated and detail oriented
* Ability to self-manage, prioritise both your own and Others workload to meet the demands of working in a fast paced environment
* Bachelors Degree or above in a highly quantitative field, such as Physics, Maths, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Econometrics, Engineering or equivalent
Please apply within for further details or call on 07393149627
Alex Reeder Harvey Nash Finance & Banking