Data & Analytics Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
See job description for details
We're looking for a Data & Analytics Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- Joining us in Functions and Services Analytics, you'll be working with Supply Chain Services (SCS), as you manage a compact but global team based in the UK and India
- You'll develop your understanding of the way the bank manages its supplier and commercial relationships
- You'll lead the way in finding opportunities to put data and analytics at the heart of decision making, challenging the organisation to use new technology to improve the way we do business
- The scale, number, complexity and criticality of projects that you'll support will increase as you become more senior and skilled
What you'll do
You'll work alongside the Supply Chain Services leadership team to interpret and influence business needs, delivering analytics-driven strategies that contribute towards commercial, regulatory and strategic objectives of the SCS business. We'll look to you to develop and lead a new Analytics function, and to provide outstanding support to Supply Chain Services (SCS), Shared Services.
You'll also be:
- Owning and being accountable for delivering high quality, data driven insight, that improves customer outcomes and adds value to the SCS business
- Rolling out innovative approaches to reporting, understanding and capitalising on data and analytical technologies
- Monitoring and evaluating current and emerging industry trends, specifically keeping abreast of external factors
- Driving delivery towards customer strategic objectives to contribute to commercial and regulatory objectives
- Championing analytics, data management and data science to make a positive and demonstrable impact on SCS performance
- Working with stakeholders to understand their business priorities and work requests, ensuring adequate resources are aligned to projects where appropriate
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement through excellent leadership, coaching and development skills
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a proven track record of engagement with senior stakeholders to influence decision making. You should have strong capability in strategic thinking, with well developed experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams with excellent leadership skills.
You should also demonstrate:
- Strong and proven experience in analytics and reporting
- An understanding of supply chain / procurement processes, as well as broader financial services
- The ability to galvanise support across complex organisation with a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to lead, shape and develop a team of analysts, and a high level of drive and personal commitment to success
- Knowledge of data management to support analytics, including experience in Big Data technologies and how to utilise these to solve complex business problems
- Excellent problem management skills and experience delivering change
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.