Data & Analytics Solution Architect Lead in Edinburgh | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Data & Analytics Solution Architect Lead
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity to design end-to-end solutions which use data platforms and applications to personalise experiences for customers as part of our insights and decisioning team in Data & Analytics
- The work you do will help deliver great business outcomes and meet our longer term strategy
- Take on this exciting new challenge and hone your technical capabilities while advancing your career and building your network across the bank
We'll look to you to lead the collaboration across platform and domain teams on the solution delivery. Partnering with platform and domain teams, you'll elaborate the solution and its interfaces, validating technology assumptions, evaluating implementation alternatives, and creating the continuous delivery pipeline.
You'll also lead the analysis of options and deliver end-to-end solution designs using the relevant building blocks, as well as producing designs for features, in line with the domain technology roadmap, that allow frequent incremental delivery of value to be included in product backlog.
On top of this, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Owning the technical design issues and driving resolution through the iteration of the technical solution design
- Leading the activities to shape requirements, validating designs and prototypes to deliver change that aligns with the target architecture
- Promoting adaptive design practices to drive collaboration of feature teams around a common technical vision using continuous feedback
- Making recommendations of potential impacts to existing and prospective customers of the latest technology and customer trends
You'll bring application architecture experience with the ability to evidence examples of designing operational systems, and knowledge of business data or infrastructure architecture and industry architecture frameworks such as TOGAF or ArchiMate. You'll also need an understanding of Agile and contemporary methodologies with experience of working in Agile teams.
We'll also expect you to have experience of big data, preferably working with Hadoop or EMR and Hive , an understanding of Airflow and experience of customer decisioning and next best action platforms.
On top of this, you'll bring:
- Cloud architect and data platform experience with an understanding of cloud principles, DevOps, CI/CD principles, and cloud data architecture
- An understanding of the key concepts in machine learning, ideally with experience in designing E2E machine learning pipelines
- Experience of defining application architectures and roadmaps for complex solutions working for all layers of the technical architecture
- Experience of stream processing and batch processing, with an understanding of their key concepts, benefits and restrictions
- A background in delivering solutions that securely span a complex infrastructure domain
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and leadership level colleagues
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.