- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Director - Product Manager (Wealth Management & DC Pensions)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThis is an exciting opportunity to take a key role in the development of Moody's Analytics' market leading risk modeling software and services. Our Economic Scenario Generator (ESG) is used by over 140 financial institutions around the world with dominant market share in the UK and Europe and a growing presence in North America and Asia.
Low yields, transfer of DB pensions to DC, Solvency II, increased conduct regulation: these factors are all driving increased demand for the use of sophisticated economic scenario modeling for designing and managing investment solutions. Moody's Analytics' modeling solutions are used across the globe by a list of leading insurers, asset managers, and investment advisors to support a wide range of retail investment propositions.
The Product Manager (Wealth Management) will be responsible for developing our proposition for the retail investment, DC pensions and wealth management sector. The role would suit candidates with experience of the retail investment market, strong communication skills, and who would like to use their experience to develop a successful risk modeling solutions business targeting the needs of the retail investment market.
The successful candidate will be expected to take a leading role in engaging different markets to support business growth: understanding evolving regulatory themes and industry best practice across a number of large international savings & investment markets, working closely with our regional sales, product management and research teams to ensure our product aligns with market requirements.
A key aspect of the role will be communicating the Moody's Analytics proposition into the market, to develop market awareness and build credibility. This will involve creating thought-leadership articles and case studies, conference speaking, and working directly with our sales team to build product knowledge and develop client relationships.
The role will offer a mix of technical work - working with our product development, research and client advisory services teams to develop and deliver cutting edge modeling solutions to our clients - with a range of broader activities including market engagement, commercial strategy and client consulting projects.
This role would suit someone with a background in the retail investment sector, who can bring a strong commercial focus to the role to drive growth. The role offers a greater degree of autonomy, and the opportunity to take a lead in developing a distinct business proposition for a growing global client base.
Responsibilities of this role will include
- Engaging with clients and the wider market to understand evolving industry themes, regulation and best practice
- Gathering market requirements for our retail investment solutions and services
- Leading both the development and implementation of our new "take to market" strategy for wealth management and retail investment products:
- Developing marketing content, thought-leadership articles, product brochures, and working with marketing to distribute this content and promote our solutions
- Leading marketing campaigns, with support from MA marketing function
- Creating sales collateral targeting identified market needs, aligned with defined client groups
- Developing awareness and knowledge of the wealth management and retail investment products within the wider MA sales function
- Directly supporting the sales cycle for new opportunities, by contributing product expertise and market knowledge. Particularly for new products and/or new client groups (for example roll-out of our new Portfolio Risk Analytics product to wealth & asset management firms)
- Take a lead role as retail investment industry expert in positioning the Moody's Analytics brand and communicating our proposition into our target markets (e.g. conference speaking, roundtables, etc.)
- Supporting sales teams in regions outside of EMEA (US, APAC) to design and implement campaigns to grow sales of our products for the wealth management and retail investment sector.
- Working with other Product Managers and Research to define market requirements, agree research and product development priorities, define product roadmaps, and develop specifications for product features,
- Developing commercial & product pricing strategy, building partner relationships
- Providing specialist pensions & investment market insight and product expertise to support the sales/client engagement process
- Working with Sales & Advisory Services to specify client projects and agree commercial proposals
- Client consulting services: engagement management & delivery
The insurance product management team play a critical role in managing Moody's Analytics' insurance products and services delivered around the world. This vacancy is for a role working on the highly successful Moody's Analytics ESG and associated Scenario Generation product suite. Our ESG is used by over 140 financial institutions around the world with dominant market share in the UK and Europe and growing presence in Asia and North America.
- A good first degree in a relevant discipline, for example: mathematics, finance, economics, actuarial science.
- Relevant professional qualifications are preferable
- Knowledge and experience one or more of the following areas
- The use of risk modelling or asset-liability modelling to support the design/management of investment products, advice or financial planning.
- Investment advice or consulting
- Investment solutions for DC pension plans / 401k
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts both internally and externally, to different stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Experience of selling risk modelling software to the pensions and/or investment sectors, and credibility within the industry
- Ideally, the candidate will also have knowledge in the following areas:
- Investment process: investment solution design, portfolio construction, strategic asset allocation, advice, financial planning
- Credible profile and contacts within the wealth mgmt, asset management and/or retail investment industry in either the European or North American market
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.