Head of Capability and Controls
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
See job description for details
Join us in London as Head of Capability and Controls
- We'll look to you to lead the Capability & Controls area of the Financial Risk & Analytics team by building specific capabilities
- You'll be sitting within a new area within Risk focussed on maintaining a strong control environment whilst developing new approaches and capabilities that strengthen our risk management across processes, people, ways of working, data and systems
- You'll be joining a collaborative, dynamic and creative team culture, that offers flexible working and supports personal development and growth
What you'll do
This role will see you driving the innovation agenda across Financial Risk & Analytics (FR&A). Your primary focus will be on future capabilities in terms of the efficiency and effectiveness of analytics, maximising benefit from big data, artificial intelligence and talent to provide game changing risk management outcomes.
You'll lead the Capability & Controls area of the FR&A team by building specific capabilities that have a FR&A team-wide relevance. You'll also build a robust control environment, maintaining a safe and secure approach to key specialised regulatory deliverables.
As well as this, you'll:
- Lead change initiatives such as our Stress Testing & Planning Transformation programme through change management leadership, development of revised controls and a safe transition into future state
- Engage with external stakeholders on the use of advanced analytics in our key risk identification and measurement approached
- Lead team-wide engagement and input on regulatory developments, submissions and impact analysis across models and prudential regulations
- Collaborate proactively with the bank's innovation teams, data steward and Risk and Finance Solutions teams to ensure we improve in terms of speed, ease of use, quality of insight and better access to data
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a strong leader with solid experience of the banking industry, in a regulatory and commercial environment. Along with knowledge and experience of risk management theories, models and practices, you'll have the ability to lead transformational change.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge of risk management controls and capabilities across disciplines such as stress testing, ICAAP, and BCBS239
- Strong people management skills with the ability coordinate and drive change across diverse teams
- Experience of operational and financial planning
- Experience of leading diverse professional teams
- Knowledge of relevant legal policies and regulations
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.