Information Security Consultant
Information Security Consultant £40,000 - £50,000 12 Month Fixed Term Contract Edinburgh (currently remote working) CVs required by Friday 22nd January
Meraki Talent’s investment / asset management client based in Edinburgh city centre are currently looking to recruit a Information Security Consultant to join them initially on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. There may well be an opportunity to go permanent in this role after the initial 12 month fixed term contract. I am looking for candidate with 2+ years broad Information Security knowledge.
This role ensures that information is handled securely in line with risk appetite by acting as a key contact for security reviews, issues and guidance, drawing from other areas of knowledge/expertise as required, and will maintain a productive working relationship between security, technology teams and the wider business.
As a part of the Business Engagement & Consultancy function this role will also be involved with education & awareness activities, involvement in major projects and initiatives and act as a domain expert for Information Security. Background of the Information Security Consultant;
- Experienced in Information Security and related topics such as Testing & Assurance, Cyber Security, Data Privacy, Continuity & Resilience,
- Knowledge of control and risk management processes. Ability to frame decisions in terms of risk. Ability to make risk judgements.
- Excellent planning skills and high level of organisation to meet specific targets and objectives.
- Able to work with others across the organisation; building relationships and trust with excellent communication skills, both in presentation and writing, to stakeholders.
- An understanding of Governance and Risk principles.
Is this job for you? At Meraki, we love recruitment and love words. Is this you? Andy wants: Information Security, Cyber Security, Data Privacy, Governance, Risk
Please see our website page headed (e.g.) ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you’