Description About this role Portfolio Compliance | Implementations Team | Associate
Want to elevate your career by being a part of the world's largest asset manager? Do you thrive in an environment that champions positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution! At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $8 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Team Overview
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services ('GAAPS'), one of the essential functions within the Business Operations & Technology Group at BlackRock. Portfolio Compliance is responsible for implementing controls & processes to ensure we are aligned with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. Role Responsibility
This role sits in the Implementations team responsible for our Blackrock Solutions (BRS) Aladdin client setup. The role focuses on the delivery of the client's investment guidelines and coding them in BlackRock's compliance system. The compliance system is within the Aladdin network where PCG places compliance restrictions using BlackRock's proprietary coding language, which is similar to SQL. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge / Experience:
- Working with the client to agree project plan, results and establishing common definitions with the client for the basis of rule coding which includes leading regular client calls introducing them to the Aladdin model. Gain familiarity with the client's current model.
- Lead the implementation, by being responsible for the project tracker, and production of weekly status report for client
- Partner with client on delivery of plain English interpretations of investment guidelines or regulations.
- Responsible for the creation of all rules based upon the definitions and feedback provided by the client.
- Opportunity to travel and provide on-site client support globally, where required
- Knowledgeable with BlackRock's various Aladdin applications, trade flow process, and data environment
- Participating in efficiency and improvement initiatives by providing ideas and suggestions on possible improvements to systems or processes
- Involvement in strategic projects and initiatives
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience in the investment management industry and of investment products, including investment and regulatory guidelines and restrictions
- Experience of working on an Aladdin implementation, or an Aladdin based client
- Background in finance or similar fields are preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is a bonus
- An understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) is a plus
- Comfortable working across multiple functions, geographies and partners with maturity and judgement
- Drive, high energy and sense of urgency
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Aladdin suite of applications (preferred but not required)
- Experience of working Aladdin implementations
- Experience of coding within Compliance Monitoring tools (Aladdin, Sentinel, Charles River, In-House systems) (preferred)
- Bachelors degree or higher in a related field (preferred)
- Strong IT Skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to work with partners across the firm. Ability to convey concepts simply and clearly to target audience
- Ability to work effectively and balance complexity and stress in a rapidly changing environment to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to risk mitigation ability to apply good judgement as to when to raise issues.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.