Production Managment Analyst - CICS
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
See job description for details
Join us as a Production Management Analyst - CICS in Edinburgh
- We're looking for an experienced CICS practitioner to join us as a Production Management Analyst, where you'll be providing full support for our CICS platform
- This is an opportunity to take on a diverse role with great flexibility, where you'll take responsibility for resolving a variety of incidents and help us to provide a positive and seamless customer experience
- In this role, you'll be working on a 24/7 on call basis
- You'll be honing your technical expertise in a dynamic environment which is constantly evolving
What you'll do
As part of the 24/7 On Call Support team, you'll be providing overall support for the CICS platform. This will involve installing and upgrading all of the banks CICS subsystems and third party software. With a proactive approach you'll monitor the performance of all the CICS subsystems to make sure they perform efficiently, and you'll carry out recovery and system tuning when needed.
In this role you'll also:
- Support the development and maintenance of approved standards, guidelines, policies and procedures that show how CICS should be used
- Provide a second and third level support service to IT Delivery areas for all CICS related incidents
- Help to implement CICS application infrastructure into the production environment
- Be a point of reference for advice, guidance and consultancy on areas of application design
- Evaluate, maintain and support CICS third party utility software
The skills you'll need
You'll need CICS experience (CICS TS version 5 or higher) to succeed in this role. Although you don't need a financial services background, you'll come from a dynamic environment as you'll need to be able to work at a quick pace. You'll have great communication skills to interact effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. You'll be quick to respond to incidents, while being able to apply a proactive approach to solutions.
You will also have knowledge of:
- Network Protocols like SNA and TCP/IP
- CPSM, Workload Management, BAS and RTA
- Abend-Aid FX
What else you need to know
The opening date for applications is 01/05/2018 and the closing date will be 29/05/2018.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.