- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
See job description for details
We're looking for a Service Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll be working with colleagues across the bank and with external parties to create and support file transfer solutions using IBM's Connect:Direct on IBM Mainframe, Unix and Windows platforms
- You'll support our challenging and technical environment, where you will have great exposure to some of the best cutting edge enterprise level technologies in the industry
- It's an excellent opportunity to work in one of the latest managed file transfer estates in the UK
What you'll do
Working with project delivery, you'll be responsible for implementing Connect:Direct infrastructure used across the bank. You'll also make strong technical decisions, lead design conversation from a file Transfer perspective, and follow incident, problem and change processes to make sure they meet our standards. There will also be an element of managing and renewing certificates, and installing, maintaining and upgrading Connect:Direct on all our platforms.
You'll also be:
- Delivering project work and supporting technical recovery for incidents
- Helping to manage incidents by starting the process at the right time, taking part in meetings as required and carrying out recovery actions
- Providing technical design and consultancy services to both internal and external clients who want to exploit and develop file transfer solutions
- Helping implement fixes and modifications using change management process by implementing records assigned to as required
- Providing development or support in either a production or development environment, and delivering efficient and effective design, development, implementation or support of IT systems
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced Connect:Direct technician who has knowledge of Connect:Direct on Windows, Unix and IBM Mainframe platforms. You should be able to work under pressure and be a team player. Knowledge of risk management, incident and problem and change management with Service Now would also be useful, but not essential as we'll provide training.
This is a technical role and you'll the following skills:
- IBM Connect:Direct software installation on Windows, Unix and Mainframe
- Experience of Secure+, SFTP and FTPS
- Knowledge of IBM Mainframe, Unix and Windows operating systems
- IBM Control Centre
- Certificate Management
- Sterling File Gateway
What else you need to know
The opening date for applications is 01/05/18 and the closing date is 29/05/18
How we'll reward you
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .