Software Engineer - Service Virtulaisation
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Software Engineer working on service virtualisation
- If you have a background in software development or service virtualisation, this may be the ideal role
- You'll be responsible for gathering requirements from internal customers, and creating and maintaining automated test scripts for them
- In addition to service virtualisation or strong software development experience, you'll need an understanding of the project delivery lifecycle
What you'll do
The role is in the Innovation & Partner team in the Core Banking and Payments function in Technology, responsible for delivering change and ensuring availability of key core banking and payment platforms across all the bank's franchises. This team provides service virtualisation to programmes across Technology, not only those within Core Banking & Payments. Reporting into the Service Virtualisation Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with stakeholders to gather requirements for virtualised services, including test teams and developers
- Taking ownership for delivering virtualised services, producing designs and building and testing the services
- Providing ongoing project support during testing
- Understanding and resolving issues encountered during service delivery and support
- Supporting and training less experienced members of the team
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong software development or service virtualisation experience, ideally in RIT, with the ability to design, build and test, and to calculate and explain return on investment projections for service virtualisation. We'll also expect:
- Understanding of the project lifecycle, particularly testing and the ways service virtualisation can be used in different test phases
- Good analytical and design skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, team members and technical subject matter experts
- A forward thinking approach and the ability to find efficiencies and innovations
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.