Fund Services Financial Reporting Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Fund Accountants work very closely with Client Account Managers of Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) in ensuring accurate accounts and Net Asset Value calculations of their hedge fund clients and to review technical accounting, operating and performance related issues. Clients will invest in a wide range of securities and derivatives providing the Fund Accountant with exposure to complex investments
The Financial Reporting Team is a group which prepares the Financial Statements and audit packs for the clients and their nominated auditors. The members of the Financial Reporting team work with the Account managers and the accountants responsible for the fund to prepare the annual statutory accounts along with the pack of information requested by the client’s auditor. The position requires strong communication, and accounting skills and an understanding of Financial Statements in the financial services industry.
- Prepare annual Financial Statements accounts for Hedge Fund clients
- Prepare year end packs of information for Hedge Fund clients’ auditors
- Liaise with Client Account Managers on audit and financial reporting queries
- Identify and implement process changes to enhance efficiency
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA accountant
- Previous Fund Accounting experience or experience of financial statement preparation/audit preferable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively across global locations
- Execute sound judgment on escalating risk
- Ability to adapt to developing business models
- High levels of accuracy and numeracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Applicants should have a record of accomplishment of delivering against tight deadlines
- Experience gained from asset manager, fund administrator, public accounting firm, prime brokerage or securities servicing firm preferable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3