Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Working with the Enterprise Data Tools and Insights Team who design, build, and maintain the metadata and issue management applications used across the group
- Delivering across various programmes of work in a timely and quality manner
- Presenting ideas and designs to colleagues and adapt the work based on the reviews and direct feedback given
- Participating and providing feedback in code reviews
- Developing innovative solutions that will enhance the client experience and provide a cost effective solutions
- Developing skills and understanding of fellow team members through mentoring and code review
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or computer science discipline
- Experience with application client and server development in the web and/or mobile domain
- Good logical reasoning, problem solving and performance tuning skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience of operating in an Agile delivery environment
- Test experience with some form of unit testing
- Takes ownership of tasks and is able to monitor/report progress and deliver to completion
- Able to demonstrate previous evidence of drive, energy, commitment, and enthusiasm
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.