See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The mission of the Global Technology Department is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firms strategy, delivered by an innovative, world class team of professionals.
Technology & Information Risk (TIR) is part of the global Technology organization. Its mission is you enable proactive, comprehensive, and consistent technology and information-related risk management practices across the Firm and to protect Firm information, systems, and associated infrastructure from Cyber threats.
The team is responsible for policy development, maintenance, socialization and advisory services, as well as mappings to regulatory requirements and risk objectives. The team develops new and existing policies and procedures based on development requests to final governance approvals
- Manage a global team of Policy Development specialists reporting directly into the Global Head of Technology and Information Security Policies and Standards.
- Lead the multiple Policy Worktreams required to develop and maintain Technology and Information Security Policy, Standards and Procedure content including;
- Leading engagement with the Firms Subject Matter Experts regards Researching and Scoping of new Policy, Standards and Procedure enhancements.
- Developing and overseeing internal team practices to ensure a quality/consistent process for Policy, Standards and Procedures content development.
- Managing and executing the quarterly cycles of Policy content publication up to including CIO and Board level review of materials.
- Liaising with Policy compliance assessment teams and other interested parties on the roll out of Policy and Standards enhancements.
- Managing day to day aspects of resource planning, management reporting and issue tracking for the team. Qualifications:
- Proven management and leadership skills in Financial Services or a similar dynamic environment.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills to the level of being able to interact directly with C-Suite level management.
- Experience of policies and standards programs within a large organization.
- Strong awareness of industry standards, best practices and regulatory expectations in respect to technology controls.
- Aptitude for technology and strong understanding of technology concepts and terminology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands on technical experience (e.g. software development, infrastructure support)
- Any of the below or industry equivalent would be of benefit;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls (CRISC)
- Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AO1 Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.