An immediate opportunity has arisen within this leading, independent, global investment manager for an experienced Fund Accountant to join their Portfolio Administration team. The role is suited to candidates from leading accountancy, buy side, hedge fund or a consultancy background who are ACA qualified and can bring strong investment accounting knowledge.
Role & Responsibilities
- To perform oversight and development of the Fund Accounting team business process; maintaining accurate investment records for each client; preparing regular and ad-hoc client reports and maintaining good working relationships with third parties and both internal and external clients.
- Completion of the fund daily, weekly and monthly cash and security reconciliations ensuring all exceptions are resolved within company guidelines.
- Perform the daily and monthly fund accounting for multi-currency portfolios in accordance with company procedures and industry standards.
- Oversight of all daily NAV tolerance reviews completed for each of the Funds.
- Oversight of all calculated fund advisory waivers, rebates and management fees.
- Lead the ongoing analysis of tax reclaims that are available by market and vehicle type and provide any assistance the Tax Forum may require.
- Review and verify all fund distribution calculations and liaise with implementation to ensure sufficient cash flow is available.
- Review and approve fund financial statements by completing independent verification of figures and disclosures.
- Perform oversight of all other fund administration tasks performed by the team.
- Manage and monitor the completion of the custodian reconciliations for the team.
- Key process specialist and/or subject matter expert.
- Extensive understanding of all Funds and the different vehicles
- Manage key relationships with external and internal clients and third parties.
- Regulatory Control
Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering
- Coordinate and prepare the fund Board Reports and attend Board Meetings when required.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements, including anti-money laundering regulations.
- Collaborate with other departments to complete and submit all Fund Due Diligence Questionnaires.
- Involved in the review and sign-off of key control reports.
Background & Experience
- ACA qualified
- Strong investment accounting knowledge
- IAQ/IMC Award or equivalent - beneficial.
- Software knowledge of Portia, TLM and Microsoft Toolbox (Preferred
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Offer solutions and add value
- Adaptability, teamwork and good problem-solving skills
- Achievement focused
- Promotes enthuisiasm and positive attitude
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted