At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
The Academy Supervisor's role is to coach, supervise and support a team of advisers as they progress through the Wealth Advice Academy. These advisers may be new to the Advice industry or partly/wholly qualified but have never practiced as an adviser before.
The Wealth Advice Academy is one of the main avenues for growth within Wealth Advice, helping us to deliver more advice to more people and reach our target of 1000 advisers.
The suitable candidate will provide oversight supervision to newly appointed advisers in their customer dealings. They may also be asked to provide supervision to non-CAS Advisers outside of the Academy programme, and in so doing making sure that any allocated team member meets their regulatory and business obligations. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ensure delivery of advice to reflect regulatory and internal standards
- Evaluate and monitor collective performance to ensure your SPOC is delivering their own business objectives in a safe and aligned manner to the strategic priorities of the business
- Evaluate and monitor performance, actively helping each newly appointed Adviser perform to their best ensuring wider business objectives are achieved.
- Ensure all Advisers under your SPOC meet Competence testing and ongoing training & coaching
- Feedback to TAP Management on areas of development for the Academy programme and T&C scheme requirements
- Ensure all Advisers are developed to further increase their skills, knowledge and ability to perform to best meet their goals.
- Ensure the key requirements of the business are met; delivery of advice, screening and onboarding of clients, a rigorous investment governance due diligence function is monitored and managed.
- Ensure all newly appointed advisers are monitored and managed in respect of regulatory T&C requirements.
- Identify development opportunities and what needs to be done to ensure Advisers progress through their journey to Competent Adviser Status and through the Academy programme.
- Liaise with TAP Management, sponsoring Appointed Representatives and other stakeholders to ensure advice policies maximise good client outcomes.
- Oversee the management of adviser and client screening and onboarding processes.
- Use judgement to strengthen our positive risk and control culture, by identifying, assessing and managing risk within your SPOC and business area
- Take an active lead in helping each person in your team perform to their best and understand how their work contributes to the achievement of business success
- Significant experience of managing T&C requirements
- Significant experience of regulated direct distribution environments
- Expert level knowledge of industry best practice, good network/links with external bodies and individuals on the same field
- Significant experience of front line advice delivery and the management thereof in a mass affluent, D2C advisory business
- Detailed knowledge of Prudential products, systems and distribution methods.
- Expert level knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Expert level knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislatory frameworks
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and time management skills
- An effective coach, supervisor and mentor
- Diploma or Equivalent in Financial Planning
- Desirable: Chartered status (or equivalent) in Financial Planning or working towards chartered status.
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.