Account Manager I, Compliance Risk and Diligence
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career.
Working with and reporting to the Global Head of Sales this is a new key role in the Kroll Compliance, Risk and Diligence (CRD) commercial team, operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to an allocated set of key accounts.
Manage an existing portfolio of client relationships and support regional team objectives by retaining and growing revenue in important territories of Kroll CRD. This position will work within the CRD division in EMEA to drive client discussions within the Corporate and Finance sectors.
- REVENUE RETENTION: A key aspect of this role is to retain Revenue under Management (RUM) of a specifically assigned portfolio of customers and ensure customers' business needs are addressed. Meet or exceed annual net retention target.
- REVENUE GROWTH: Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas. Form new relationships within the assigned set of accounts and initiate sales activities to identify new buying centers and/or cross-sell opportunities of other Kroll services. Meet or exceed your annual revenue growth target.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Develop trusted advisor relationships with key contacts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors. Maintain excellent levels of customer satisfaction through regular communication. Client relationships are built and maintained via telephone, email, and regular in-person meetings (such as account review meetings; new buying centers etc.). Demonstrate leadership by collaboratively engaging D&P's senior management and other internal stakeholders to lend support to the account management key objectives. Successfully collaborate with sales team colleagues to identify and grow opportunities within territory.
- SUPPORT: Actively support regional sales and marketing initiatives, events attended and / or organized by Kroll CRD. Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- ROLLOUT AND ADOPTION: Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives. Ensure appropriate levels of customer training and awareness are provided through your own means and by partnering with the designated Portal Support Team.
- STRATEGIC APPROACH: Create new strategic account plans, assess revenue potential and identify at risk revenue. Provide timely and proactive input to ongoing development of account plans to assess opportunities, threats and weaknesses. Outline targeted activities to penetrate your client base aimed at revenue retention as well as growth. Project manage all resources necessary to implement these plans.
- KNOWLEDGE: Work closely in a team environment including research colleagues, technical and sales support to gain proficiency in presenting and proposing the whole range of Kroll CRD solutions, while managing client expectations.
- Gather information on customer needs to solve customer business issues. Overcome objections, negotiate renewal contracts and pricing. Clearly demonstrate an understanding of Kroll CRD products, pricing, administrative procedures, and organization to effectively answer clients' questions or implement solutions in a timely fashion. Use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of our solutions by the client.
- Maintain a current understanding of competitors' offerings and industry/market trends.
- FORECASTING: Manage your revenue forecast and pipeline to ensure clear reporting of forthcoming renewals, additional sales opportunities, plus the associated revenue and timescales via D&P's CRM system. Use Salesforce to manage status updates, priorities and next steps.
- BS/BA or equivalent in Business or Marketing or relevant commercial experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in a B2B environment, ideally in the Compliance industry or where professional services have formed the focus of the transaction.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role.
- Demonstrable strong ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Skills required include strong organizational ability, through tasks prioritization and effective time management.
- Enthusiasm, passion and a commitment to mutually successful outcomes for the client and Kroll are a must!
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.